Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

43 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I don’t spend a lot of time worrying about this stuff.  Work keeps me too busy. But I saw your comment and felt it needed a response.  So I won’t be writing to Weltman.  

We know how the better teams play us.  They pack the paint and dare us to shoot, or force us to drive into triple teams and turn it over. Quite often, that results in a blow out.  We’ve seen plenty of it already.  We don’t need to wait until the playoffs so we can see it again.  

This is not on kelle’s shoulder alone. No pun intended. PGs that can shoot, facilitate and play defense is not in abundance. They typically specializes 1 or 2 of those. 
We need zone busters not just on PG position. 

Can we Please Please stop with the redoing the trade deadline    everyone has opinions    this is our team at least untill the summer      can we just get behind them untill then

43 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I don’t spend a lot of time worrying about this stuff.  Work keeps me too busy. But I saw your comment and felt it needed a response.  So I won’t be writing to Weltman.  

We know how the better teams play us.  They pack the paint and dare us to shoot, or force us to drive into triple teams and turn it over. Quite often, that results in a blow out.  We’ve seen plenty of it already.  We don’t need to wait until the playoffs so we can see it again.  

This is not on kelle’s shoulder alone. No pun intended. PGs that can shoot, facilitate and play defense is not in abundance. They typically specializes 1 or 2 of those. 
We need zone busters not just on PG position. 

23 minutes ago, harryfromphilly said:

Can we Please Please stop with the redoing the trade deadline    everyone has opinions    this is our team at least untill the summer      can we just get behind them untill then

At this point it’s not about the trade deadline, which has elapsed.  It’s about observing the team, and suggesting how we can improve.  I think that’s fair game at any time.  

yeah but not by keep *****ing about markelle      i think we all kind of agree that he is not who we hoped he would be   but he is who we have untill the summer     so i for one will cheer him on untill then

Everyone is cheering for Markelle to succeed because if Markelle succeeds the team will be better. Criticism is a part of a message board. This would be a really boring place if it was just everyone saying "yay for this roster" over and over again. What's actually happening is one or two posters are white knighting for Markelle and acting like everyone is still mad we didn't trade him at the deadline when most of us have already moved on and are just trying to discuss the go forward position of this team.

• Upvote 2

Imo the Fultz situation “here” was created by the mods …not so much AllEyes …I don’t think trading Fultz was ever in the cards for management …every rumor that was linked was by some small website trying to connect  dots …saw one from Brian Windhorst who is legit say the Magic were interested in shooting …also the ESPN Insider suggestions were for shooters but did not suggest trading Marquel and did not have him in their trade ideas …and finally our GM is so closed lipped everybody knows they don’t say nothing .

And when someone I respect asks me specifically a question about Fultz I will do my best to answer …which I did on the previous page …You guys can complain about Fultz all you want …I’m glad he’s here …but don’t direct your complaints to me …send Weltham an email …I’m enjoying this team and am hoping it’s future successes .

"created by the mods" but not All Eyes and not your boy Soul lol subtlety of a sledgehammer. Nobody created anything.

The "Fultz situation" doesn't exist "here" it's a discussion happening everywhere in Magic fandom. Some of those discussions are a lot more toxic than the ones on this board. And the discussions are happening for good reason because anyone who actually watches this team play can see clearly with their own eyes how Markelle both helps and hinders this team.

Yes it does include Soul Bro …I specifically called him out …obviously at this time Weltham does not agree with Magic fandom …the guys that are here will be here until seasons end …so move on or direct your complaints to him or each other …not to me …I was done with it until All Eyes specifically asked me a question …so I answered …that’s it. 

Fultz is polarizing for us because his shoulder/shooting issue appears to be holding us back some nights, like the Miami game in particular where he actually scored decent and played well, but their hall of fame coach was able to scheme a defense against us based on his weakness, and we didn’t have an answer. For me, that was also somewhat of a schedule loss. The boys had no energy, Suggs in particular. Last game of a long road trip and we had to fly over our homes to play one last game and we were awful.  We’re young and didn’t handle that situation well and got exposed. A growing pain for the youngsters that taught professionalism and full-go every night is of dire importance in this league or you will get stomped. It’s also fair to point out that Miami is an excellent defensive team when they want to be. Its also fair to point out that we beat that same team by nearly 20 points this season with markelle playing 29 minutes. 

I think ball junkie’s post a little bit back about coach Mose tweaking the offense a bit to makeshift Markelle as a high post center almost on offense against zones is super interesting and something I noticed also. As long as there are 4 shooters around him I want to see more of that. He thrives in that paint area and is awesome in the open court. Awesome. He’s also cagey and experienced and seems to have a really good IQ out there. I love the guy. I imagine most of us do. But the shoulder/shooting thing has cost us some nights up to til now to the point that a significant amount of our fan base wanted to use this trade deadline to get someone with his abilities that can also shoot the ball. It’s not unreasonable in any world to have those thoughts. It makes sense. 

Good morning, friends. It’s good to see we have an active board and team worth pulling for this year. Go Magic!

This has gotten out of hand, and it’s giving the mods on this board a ton of credit if we made up the Fultz trade rumors lol… I’ve waffled a bit but on Thursday I wanted Markelle dealt for an improvement, not afraid to admit it.

As a fan of a team, I obviously want to follow them and cheer for the guys we have, but I don’t want to do it blindly. Fultz plays an extremely important position on this team and while I appreciate the conversations about things Mose has changed to make him more effective, that to me shows more of the problem, we shouldn’t have to rebuild our offense to cater to a below average offensive player who isn’t our superstar, or really even in our future plans. The deadline has passed and as it gets further away the frustration of doing nothing will become less, but I’m going to continue pointing out when Kelle, or Franz, or Paolo, or Cole, or Wendell, or Jalen, I think you get my point, has a good game or a bad game. If I see stats I find interesting I’m going to share them; these can apply to the whole team and be positive or negative as well. Nobody is personally attacking Markelle Fultz. Hell; I want to be in a position where I can rave about him every night; just give me a reason to other than “he attempted two 3s last game!”

• Upvote 2