Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

2 hours ago, harryfromphilly said:

Again, I agree. We need a new starting PG.   Just want to keep Fultz for the second unit.    The part about the small move and waiting till the summer was more a prediction rather than a desire

You have to give something of value to get it back. Trade Cole and whomever isn’t one of the core future players and picks and get Murray or Brogdon. This is not brain surgery. 

5 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

no we don't NEED...AB IS THE FUTURE 

I got more on AB but I’ll wait till later to post …back on Fultz subject …the Magic are 4-2 since he became a starter again …only losses by 2 points to Dallas and 1 point to Memphis …of the 4 wins, 18 point win over Miami who had previously drubbed us twice …15 point win over Phoenix …and 2 point win over Minnesota …game in which Mohs introduced us to the “Death” lineup …all 3 of those teams had their full compliment of players and came into our game playing very good basketball 

Edit: Fultz is actually 4-1 as a starter …he did not play the Dallas game cause was a back to back 

3 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

no we don't NEED...AB IS THE FUTURE 

This. People don’t understand we are just starting on our championship quest. Our superstars are soph and junior and we have to augment them with people fitting their timeline. 

25 minutes ago, Jamesdin said:

This. People don’t understand we are just starting on our championship quest. Our superstars are soph and junior and we have to augment them with people fitting their timeline. 

It’s gotta be a mix IMO. Playoff basketball is completely different than regular season and we don’t have anybody on the team with legit playoff experience. Maybe Joe, but that’s about it

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

It’s gotta be a mix IMO. Playoff basketball is completely different than regular season and we don’t have anybody on the team with legit playoff experience. Maybe Joe, but that’s about it

Yup people on here think regular season games are the same as a 7 game playoff series. It’s a completely different style of play and atmosphere. Teams go over tons of film before and during the series and know guys tendencies. Without spacing our flaws are going to be exposed and whoever we play will just pack the paint and dare us to shoot. 

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Friendly reminder, the game is early today. 3 PM EST @ Detroit. 

Go Magic! Let’s not let this be a trap game

Yeah, that's a very good point about trap game.  Detroit is 6-42 so you have to assume they are very unlikely to win.  But then you look a little further and you see that they've won 3 of their last 10.  So half their wins for the season have come in the past 10 games.  It looks like they're starting to play better and may now believe they can win some games, especially at home. This is not the time to overlook this team.  

It'd be a very Magic thing to do to beat the number 1 team in the West on the road and then lose to the worst team in the NBA. 

I'm about to watch this game on like a 20 minute delay to the rest of you so apologies if it seems like none of my posts make sense compared to what's happening in the game lol

Wendell has started this game about as horribly as I can remember any Magic starter starting a game. 3 turnovers already.

• Upvote 1