Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'm not at the point where I think Jonathan Isaac is the best defensive player ever. 

But I am at the point where I'm thinking "can we lock him up to a cheap extension this summer in case he continues to be healthy and awesome next year". Like 3 years 45 mil descending salary with some injury non guarantees (last year totally non guaranteed)? Would he do that? Would we? 

He do it for cheaper watch 

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'm not at the point where I think Jonathan Isaac is the best defensive player ever. 

But I am at the point where I'm thinking "can we lock him up to a cheap extension this summer in case he continues to be healthy and awesome next year". Like 3 years 45 mil descending salary with some injury non guarantees (last year totally non guaranteed)? Would he do that? Would we? 

My eyes dont lie. I have never ever ever seen a defender like him. EVER

12 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

the starting unit sans Fultz brought the team back.. 

I’m not hating on Fultz. If you read my comment right, you hear that i love the player, the personality. 

But it’s a fact that the Wolves discovered that Fultz can’t shoot outside the paint and therefore they successfully schemed Gobert to guard Fultz. The Wolves had a big lead. 

Mosley actually made adjustments and therefore Fultz didn’t close out the game. 

Those are facts! The Wolves coach would have never schemed Gobert to guard Simons, Murray or Tyus Jones (who are all seen like good fits for us)

Playing Fultz off ball in the starting unit is a big liability! I stand by those words. And i say it again. I love the player and i would extend him on a good deal for sure!

Fultz was a plus 4 in his time on the court …so you can pick whatever spots you want in the game for when they either fell behind or came back …and that closing lineup I loved …Jalen was the only guard and since he’s exceeding expectations this season shooting the 3 I had no problem with it …actually preferred it …but I do think Fultz or even Black are good defenders them selves …yeah I know you’re not hating and you’re a good poster …I enjoy reading your stuff …I would suggest you look up the numbers for which lineups are the most effective …Fultz is also an overall positive in his time on the court …I posted it a couple days ago some of the numbers are head scratchers …Banchero and Suggs near the top in the negatives …But Zach Lowe said Banchero numbers were more a reflection of who he’s been playing with and not on himself …he also said he was dying to see the death lineup and he finally did lol 

https://www.nba.com/stats/lineups/advanced?slug=advanced&TeamID=1610612753

You’re welcome to play around with it …the starters have a net rating of 10.0 …but the best lineup by far is Fultz, Cole, Ingles, JI and WCJ …that group has an unbelievable net rating of 41.5 ! …I don’t see the liability Holic that you referencing though this 41.5 group pretty sure we won’t see it a lot lol

14 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

https://www.nba.com/stats/lineups/advanced?slug=advanced&TeamID=1610612753

You’re welcome to play around with it …the starters have a net rating of 10.0 …but the best lineup by far is Fultz, Cole, Ingles, JI and WCJ …that group has an unbelievable net rating of 41.5 ! …I don’t see the liability Holic that you referencing though this 41.5 group pretty sure we won’t see it a lot lol

I said he’s a liability with the starters! 

Amd you are basically proving my point!! I especially said that i like Fultz as the leader of the second unit. You basically proofed my point. 

Fultz as a starter makes no sense anymore. But he’s a major player as the leader of our second unit! 

6 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

I said he’s a liability with the starters! 

Amd you are basically proving my point!! I especially said that i like Fultz as the leader of the second unit. You basically proofed my point. 

Fultz as a starter makes no sense anymore. But he’s a major player as the leader of our second unit! 

A net 10.0 is a liability ? …but I get what you’re saying and it comes down to shooting the 3 …we’ll see if the team makes any adjustments personnel or lineup combinations …or if Fultz expands his game which he says he will do the more he plays …but that net does not show me any liability …and that group has logged the second most minutes on the team …GO MAGIC !

I'm of the slight belief we are could trade for Chris Paul before the trade deadline hits.

His leadership and experience would serve as a stop gap at point guard before maybe Anthony Black full-time takes over while giving us a player that, while not as explosive as he used to be, can hit three-pointers at an above average clip and help our young guys with a veteran presence. Mark Fultz works better on Golden State because he's so good at blowing past his defender and finding the open man. With their great three-point shooters, it would be better overall for them too.

we are quite literally a good starting PG away from having a scary elite starting lineup. I think when analyzing what could take us to the next level without mortgaging our future, I think it's a move for someone like Paul.

• Downvote 1

With that being said, my overwhelming opinion is that the front office cares a lot about locker room culture and trading anyone is difficult for them to even conceive. 

I agree that Fultz is no longer the starting PG for us, but I think he would be the perfect second unit general.   I would prefer a trade that does not involve him.

That said, my personal opinion is that we only make a small move and let this team play out. Then, depending on the results, You make the ones necessary

in the summer.   That would include, if his shot has not improved, letting him go or signing and trading Fultz.  Or anyone who is not Paolo, Franz, Wendel, JI, suggs, or Mo Wagner.

I don’t agree that you have to potentially waste another season before deciding what to do next.  Our deficiency at PG is pretty obvious to most people.  We don’t need to wait to see it hurt us in the playoffs (assuming we get there) before trying to improve in that area.  

• Upvote 4

11 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I don’t agree that you have to potentially waste another season before deciding what to do next.  Our deficiency at PG is pretty obvious to most people.  We don’t need to wait to see it hurt us in the playoffs (assuming we get there) before trying to improve in that area.  

Again, I agree. We need a new starting PG.   Just want to keep Fultz for the second unit.    The part about the small move and waiting till the summer was more a prediction rather than a desire

18 minutes ago, harryfromphilly said:

Again, I agree. We need a new starting PG.   Just want to keep Fultz for the second unit.    The part about the small move and waiting till the summer was more a prediction rather than a desire

no we don't NEED...AB IS THE FUTURE