Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

Fultz shooting 51 percent from the field good for 4th best on the team on 8 shot attempts per game …so what if he’s shooting a lot of layups …it’s to his credit if he’s getting to the bucket and converting …he does so much other stuff …I started watching in the second half kid was hustling his ass off along with everybody else …helped get the team back in the game ….and tonight’s game looked good to me …a top team in the West that was on a roll 

https://www.espn.com/nba/team/stats/_/name/orl/table/game/sort/fieldGoalPct/dir/desc

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, MAGICTIME22 said:

Yes, I should be ashamed of myself for waving the white flag so early! I deserved the down votes! Shame on me! However, being wrong never felt so good! What a comeback win tonight! This could be the start of a nice winning streak! 

Would give this a plus one except I’m out.  

Now only a half game behind Indiana for the 6 spot. Even in the loss column. Big game versus Miami coming up after the Pistons game this Sunday. CAN NOT overlook Detroit! Take care of business!

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Would give this a plus one except I’m out.  

That's cool. Appreciate it. However, I am glad that you gave out the ups for people who deserved them tonight.

2 hours ago, MAGICTIME22 said:

It seems like first quarters hurt us the most as far as the defensive woes go. With that said would it have been beneficial to start Isaac tonight to set the tone defensively? Just a thought.

I would much rather play him in crunch time. His D and rebounds can turn a game very quickly.

2 hours ago, Jamesdin said:

All is cool magictime. Repped u up for admitting and eating crow that sure is delicious. Lol

That's the sweet taste of victory...as well as half off pizza!

1 hour ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

I would much rather play him in crunch time. His D and rebounds can turn a game very quickly.

Yes. Great point. I agree. He is a defensive force. When this Magic team is fully engaged there is no better defensive team in the NBA.

Too many fickle fans on here...

But its all love... 

WHEN WE ARE FULL STRENGTH NOBODY AND I MEAN NOBODY WANTS TO SEE US IN THE PLAYOFFS...

I'M CALLING IT NOW..

WE ARE GONNA WIN THE CHAMPIONSHIP THIS SEASON

YES THIS SEASON!!!!!!!

The defense was unreal. JI and Suggs and Markelle and WCJ as usual but Franz Wagner is the most underrated defensive player on this team by far. His ability to navigate screening actions and get back in front of the ball handler is insane. Thought he was the most important Magic player in this game the way he played on defense. 

When Jalen Suggs hits multiple 3s the Magic have always got a chance, not even because of the shooting but for the close outs it forces the defense to make. 

Wendell Carter Jr is an absolute beast, no way we trade that man.

Really disliked this Paolo game. Thought his defense was awful in the first half. He played the type of defense where he's trying to not get called out in practice without giving any actual effort. Y'know where he's technically in the right spots to help so his coaches can't complain but then he doesn't actually do anything to stop the ball. He also did far too much complaining about fouls. The playoffs is more like this and he can't just be whining about no calls while his 4 team mates are trying to play defense. I liked that the refs let them play on both ends, thought the officiating was pretty even and they let both teams play physical. I prefer that to watching teams shoot 35 FTs each. 

You cannot convince me that Cole Anthony is better than Anthony Black. You just can't. Yes technically Cole is a better scorer but given the choice of: 

A) someone who passes the ball to our best players and spots up whilst playing solid at worst, spectacular at best, defense.

B) Someone who takes possessions with the ball in his hands that consistently lead to contested pull ups and off balance floaters and who, it feels like, turns the ball over over-dribbling at least once per game. And is a worse defensive player than A.

I'll take A 100 times out of 100.

• Upvote 1