Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

Terrible. Paolo made some buckets in the 4th but he was wretched in the 3rd. 

Some of the officiating sucked but shouldn't have been a problem against such a bad team. 

AB was bad offensively but do we really trust him so little that we can't get him some possessions against a 5'9 guard, an 8 inch size advantage surely that's worth looking at once? Also I thought we'd found something in the 3rd when teams blitzed the pick and roll and we had AB on the short roll, got 2 wide open 3s out of it with some great passes... And then for some reason never went back to it. 

I'm sorry Markelle has got to go. Whatever good he offers, and he does offer some good as a passer, transition player, paint scorer and defender (his defense is overrated though ngl, he's a great defensive playmaker but he got cooked at times trying to chase around Kennard), his insistence to cut right into the middle of the paint when someone is driving/posting up because he's not being guarded is just so maddening. 

Cole played pretty good on defense this game but man his offense has just flat out deserted him. What are we paying this man for?

If you take out Franz Wagner the rest of the team was 5-26 from 3. Less than 20%. Shambolic stuff. Paolo settled for some awful ones, everyone else just sucked. 

We played with fire and get burned. Against an awful offensive team like Memphis, 68 points at the half are unacceptable. We had that winning streak because we were playing harder than rivals and full focused on defense, not because we have elite talent that can win the game by themselves..

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

When Paolo had the ball, I was hoping he would drive into the paint to get a foul call.

Might not have worked either.  When he tries to drive into double or triple coverage, he often loses the ball.  

9 hours ago, ball junkie said:

Not to bash AB …but he played nearly 30 minutes …had 5 fouls …2 points and 3 rebounds …that’s why I don’t understand Fultz not playing …crap I wanna win these games …we had a chance to catch Miami tonight 

Edit: he does hustle 

AB had a very bad game, no question about it.  And at the end of the game all he wanted to do was pass it to Paulo and run away, even if he had a good open shot.  

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

We played with fire and get burned. Against an awful offensive team like Memphis, 68 points at the half are unacceptable. We had that winning streak because we were playing harder than rivals and full focused on defense, not because we have elite talent that can win the game by themselves..

Well said.  Out of reactions, would have given you a plus 1.  

8 hours ago, ball junkie said:

You guys get me Anfernee Simons and I’ll never say another word about AB lol

I watched some of that 40 pt game he had. That would be nice here lol

38 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

AB had a very bad game, no question about it.  And at the end of the game all he wanted to do was pass it to Paulo and run away, even if he had a good open shot.  

Yeah and to add since we don’t have Simons yet lol …almost every one of his 5 fouls were the And1 kind …I thought Fultz was playing pretty well …Tightened up his D on Kennard in the 3rd quarter …dude didn’t even get any shots off …no clue why Mohs didn’t put him back in …I said earlier we coulda passed Miami in the standings …this ain’t no time for experimenting …something fishy …maybes there’s something to that showcasing players stuff you guys talk about who knows 

5 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Absolutely! That is what I was referring to in an earlier post when I said AB should not have been on the court in the latter part of the 4th quarter.

Point guards are suppose to be floor generals and scorers . Remember (on the Magic) Jameer Nelson, DJ Augustin. We can include Kelle when he was healthy.

AB just looks clueless out there. And for his height (6'7"),  he should be able to shoot and score over shorter point guards. He's no Magic Johnson--far from it--but Magic Johnson was an outstanding 6'8" point guard and awesome in scoring and assists.