Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

“When someone asks who was the first player to officially put the Orlando Magic on the map, the answer is simple - Shaquille O’Neal,”  - Alex Martins

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, zollman said:

“When someone asks who was the first player to officially put the Orlando Magic on the map, the answer is simple - Shaquille O’Neal,”  - Alex Martins

But it’s supposed to be about what they actually accomplished with the team. I would argue that the Lakers should and the Heat probably should retire his number, but I don’t think we should. I would argue that Dwight did more while he was with the Magic; partly because he was here longer. D12 had a better defensive game, Shaq had a much better offensive game and career.

• Upvote 1

18 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Shaq maybe the greatest guy in the world personally. But what he did to Magic fans will never be forgotten!

I agree. As Ball Junkie mentioned in another post, Shaq called Orlando "a dried up little pond". I have been a Magic fan since it's inception. I also remember Shaq describing himself as "a big fish in a dried up little pond"

I remember watching the news everyday for Shaq's decision__whether to stay with the Magic or join the Lakers. In the news cast where Shaq made his decision, he didn't say anything, he just held up the Lakers jersey. I was so heart broken.

1 minute ago, orlandoholic said:

https://x.com/wheelerjaylen/status/1744015142755381489?s=46

How the hell do you get Magic honors and couple of days later you don’t even mention at least Banchero 

Because Shaq is a pretty casual follower of the NBA, everything I've heard about him suggests he only kind of watches the games he actually covers for TNT nevermind the rest of the league.

And he does not care about the Orlando Magic except in how it pertains to his own legacy. 

49 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Because Shaq is a pretty casual follower of the NBA, everything I've heard about him suggests he only kind of watches the games he actually covers for TNT nevermind the rest of the league.

And he does not care about the Orlando Magic except in how it pertains to his own legacy. 

He wants to freaking buy the Magic partially and doesn’t care? 

that’s a crazy amount of narcissism if you ask me 

5 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

He wants to freaking buy the Magic partially and doesn’t care? 

that’s a crazy amount of narcissism if you ask me 

I mean that last part was my own opinion lol

36 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I mean that last part was my own opinion lol

I know. 
But in all honesty.. The guy just got honors from the organization. He also wants to be partial owner. He said that. 
At the very least i know that the best young fella out there and the new coming Lebron plays in Orlando. 

14 minutes ago, harryfromphilly said:

Fultz and Black both now listed as "available" for tonights game.

Should be interesting to see what happens

I wonder if Fultz starts 

14 minutes ago, MagicFanDan said:

I wonder if Fultz starts 

Starting lineup is, kinda wildly,  Suggs/Houstan/Okeke/Paolo/Goga