Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

They have to make a move. Brogden, Jones, Simons. S#!t, I'll even take D'Angelo Russell or Dennis Schroder, at this point. It's that bad.

2 hours ago, harryfromphilly said:

I am starting to feel like there is something else going on with Markelle other than knee tendonitis   

No updates, and twice now he was listed as questionable for a game, did not play, and dropped back to "out"

for the next game.  Like tonight.  I have been a huge Fultz fan, but without any communication or explanation,

its time to move on.

The Markelle stuff is just heartbreaking. I thought we finally turned a corner last year and then all the “tendinitis” this year just made me lose faith entirely. It’s time to plan for Kelle as nothing more than a rarely available bench option, not a future piece of this team. :(

Yea I think Magic fandom as a whole is coming around to it being time to move on from Markelle. 

He hasn't played more than 75% of the season since 19/20. Even if he came back tonight and played every game the rest of the way (definitely not happening) he'd manage a maximum of 54 games. 

If he was the literal perfect PG to play with Franchero it'd still be hard to imagine extending him, nevermind with the fit questions also.

6 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Yea I think Magic fandom as a whole is coming around to it being time to move on from Markelle. 

He hasn't played more than 75% of the season since 19/20. Even if he came back tonight and played every game the rest of the way (definitely not happening) he'd manage a maximum of 54 games. 

If he was the literal perfect PG to play with Franchero it'd still be hard to imagine extending him, nevermind with the fit questions also.

I agree I think we all have hit that point with him. Maybe if we did get Brogdon to replace him he will have the same effect Conley did for Minnesota.  Having a real PG who can space the floor and organize the offense would be huge. 

44 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

https://x.com/JakeChapmanOM/status/1742630170698146103?s=20

(Tweet won't embed but worth a read)

Absolutely wild how important a 36 year old non-star is to our rotation.

It’s the playmaking that is absolutely needed in the second unit. Unfortunately when we drafted AB i thought he would provide that playmaking. It isn’t there yet. 

So we have the same issues as we did in the past. Cole is a SG and can’t provide playmaking. Harris neither. And the rest of the gang ain’t playmaking either. 

We desperately need Fultz back and also Ingles for those reasons. And hopefully AB can playmaker going forward. 

That was my biggest hope when we drafted AB. That he’d provide the playmaking off the bench or when Fultz is down

6 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

questionable game.. We had the physical tools to dominate them and we settled for 3s.. 

This team needs to learn how to impose its will. WCJ didn’t look to dominate the paint and M. Wagner was the only player that decided to eat BBQ chicken.. 

Most of the game we had small dudes guarding our huge lineups. 

Oh and btw, that no call on the hack a Banchero was one of the worst no calls of the season. 

Ref right there watching it too.. Also crazy that our staff opted not to use the Coaches challenge in the last two games, despite some very bad calls. 

we use it on the 1st qtr and lost the challenge.

3 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

It’s the playmaking that is absolutely needed in the second unit. Unfortunately when we drafted AB i thought he would provide that playmaking. It isn’t there yet. 

So we have the same issues as we did in the past. Cole is a SG and can’t provide playmaking. Harris neither. And the rest of the gang ain’t playmaking either. 

We desperately need Fultz back and also Ingles for those reasons. And hopefully AB can playmaker going forward. 

That was my biggest hope when we drafted AB. That he’d provide the playmaking off the bench or when Fultz is down

AB doesn’t have the handles to run the point or create for himself or others. It was a bad pick and called it out on draft night. We miss old man Joe only because he can do that somewhat. Nobody else in this roster can. This mngt is responsible for this situation. 

14 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

I hate to be the bearer of bad news but now Cole is listed as out tonight …4 rotation players not dressing …crazy

Can we fire the training staff please. This is absurd