Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Being dead last in the league in 3P% whilst having our best start to the season in forever and being the 5th seed (tied for 4th seed by record) isn't a bad thing.

I agree. Same could be said for turnovers that are hunting us sometimes. With better team spacing, and individual grow of the youngsters, it's a stat/problem that will be solved.

Most important thing is that we have an identity right now, defense and hustle. Last season with similar injuries we were abysmal in the first months of the season. Now we have to mantain our identity, and put together all the other pieces little by little. Will be long and hard, but at least we're in the right path right now.

47 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

we signed a shooter. The man’s name is Ingles. I like him on our team more than any of those players.. 

I wasn't at all commenting on adding any of those specific names to our team.

2 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

CT, yet after having a bad shooting team for what seems like a decade, the Magic signed none of them. So what make you think they will make any moves to get shooters?

Because we are actually a decent team now and not trying to tank games. Our defensive identity is not fools gold. At this trade deadline or the summer they will add shooting.  We have a ton of assets to make moves.  We don’t need to draft more young players. Great job by the front office drafting and building this playoff team. They are not stupid and I’m sure they see the glaring weakness on the team like we all do. 

9 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

How is picking up players that actually can shoot, and getting rid of players that can’t, tanking?  

So what make you think they will make any moves to get shooters?

This is the first season we’ve been good enough for it to really matter. Every other season they have just been accumulating assets and draft positioning. It’s  team building time now in the rebuild. A few years ago in The Vuch era for example we never got to the free throw line. Now that’s a strength with these players. The shooters you want have to fit our current group. There are a lot of bad players overall that can shoot obviously. 

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Now there's obviously reasons those guys are cheap and none of them alone would make a considerable difference to us, just illustrative that if you strictly went looking for guys who could shoot to fill out the end of your bench you could do it. When we've got Paolo and Franz on max deals we'll be shopping in this realm to fill out the bench.

This is the point I was trying to make Fan. We need the right shooters not just some random guys off the bench. CT is a better writer than I am. 

I would like at least one 40% shooter in the starting line up personally. 

13 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Better than “out” 

It would be great to have him back healthy a few weeks before the trade deadline.  We need to see how him and Carter Jr fit with the team going forward. 

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I wasn't at all commenting on adding any of those specific names to our team.

Oh ok i see.. 

who you would like to add to our team at the deadline?

4 hours ago, MagicMan1979 said:

So what make you think they will make any moves to get shooters?

This is the first season we’ve been good enough for it to really matter. Every other season they have just been accumulating assets and draft positioning. It’s  team building time now in the rebuild. A few years ago in The Vuch era for example we never got to the free throw line. Now that’s a strength with these players. The shooters you want have to fit our current group. There are a lot of bad players overall that can shoot obviously. 

Would you call Caleb and Chuma good players? I don’t. And I for one would be shocked beyond belief if this mngt would make ANY moves to get shooters. It is not a priority for them at all. 

48 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Would you call Caleb and Chuma good players? I don’t. And I for one would be shocked beyond belief if this mngt would make ANY moves to get shooters. It is not a priority for them at all. 

No I have said they both aren’t good and shouldn’t play.  I think you will be happy at the trade deadline man.  Everyone sees what you see. We have assets and two stars to build around now. That is the main difference this trade deadline. Also management wants to make the playoffs for sure this season. in the past that wasn’t the case. Things do change season to season. Fit with Paolo and Franz is the top priority.