Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

10 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Man quite a game. Have to give big props to Mo and the staff for helping him become the player he is. Was basically washed out of the league and seemingly only signed because we took Franz but he seems to be a legit player and a big part of the bench success.

We actually picked Mo up before we drafted Franz. I remember saying I thought we did it just to get the inside info on Franz.

Low key I think Weltman and Co are pretty great at finding pieces from the discard pile. Khem Birch was in Europe and we brought him over and he stuck in the league for 6 years, we were Mo Wagner's 4th team in 3 years, we claimed Goga off of waivers. Even Fultz to a certain extent kind of fits into this.

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, MagicMan1979 said:

We’ve beaten Bucks, Celtics, Lakers, Nuggets all true Championship Contenders. 

We are championship contenders too!!

9 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

And I know y’all don’t wanna hear this but benching AB was the right call by Mosley 

I’m an AB fan, but that’s true. He’s shown some nice flashes and I like him long term, but there are gonna be times he needs to sit for the sake of wins. Uncharted territory for us to not even really need our lottery picks on the floor lol

Just now, Jay Magic said:

We are championship contenders too!!

I mean guys as young as the Magic players simply don't have the experience to get it done in the playoffs or do not get the whistle. Best thing is to get into the playoffs just like  Shaqs second season. Get some playoff reps then who knows. Sky is the limit. Seriously think 3 or 4 guys have all-star potential on this team.  Lot's of talent....finally.

The other night when I was waiting outside the players gate Ingles drove out didn’t stop in a hurry but most notably was smoking cigar ala Michael Jordan in those ESPN film series lol lol lol 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Forumreader said:

I am just enjoying all this, try not to worry about when wcj fultz gets back, that is mose’ job and he is doing really a tremendous job as our coach.

living in the moment 

Hell yeah! What a nice W! After a sluggish start we showed resilience and really fought Boston! 
They seemed surprised by this high energy and tough defense! 

some observations on our side. 

1. We are at best if we force our will on opponents and attack the paint. Nobody is capable of stopping Franz or Paolo! Especially Franz needs to keep forcing his way to the paint. Either all the way or that floater. 

2. We seem not to like to use the coaches challenge. Not using it on that Tatum vs Mo Wagner Foul is kind of not acceptable imo.

3. First time i noticed why Paolo probably shoots poorly from the free throw line and i’m kind of bothered why he does this. It is well known that you plant your right foot straight to the basket. If you do this, it makes sure your shot is straight (right handed shooter) Our court design revealed that Paolo is doing kids mistakes and he lines up with his face/Body straight to the basket. 
At first i thought, ok the line of our court design must be wrong. But Tatum and others actually planted their right foot straight to the basket. 

4. Our fans are amazing again! You can finally feel the energy. From announcers, commentators, fans. You can just feel that energy. And the away fans no longer dominate 

1 minute ago, Jay Magic said:

Joe Ingles and his grandchildren for the 2nd units name hahahahaha

COLE KILLS ME

i am saying

Uncle Joe and his smokey bros???

It’s so funny to watch him. Joe Ingles moved like he just came from Thanksgiving dinner two hours before the game. 

But outside of getting beat backdoor couple of times, he’s really great for us.. 

I can’t even get mad when he gets beat. Looks like them old fellas playing pickup. It always gets me smiling. 

Love him on our team