Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'm fired up. And now I'm going to watch highlights of our draft pick dropping 34 in the g league. What a time to be a Magic fan.

And our 2-way dropped 37 in the same game!?!

15 hours ago, ball junkie said:

Last night's game was a 'playoff game', it was. It was a VERY SCRAPPY one and we won it against none other than the defending champs and the MVP of the league.

The Nuggets are a phenomenal team with or without Murray as we are a very deep team. WCJ out Goga in, Markelle out, Cole is plugged in.

Such a scrappy game it was that we scored 124 pts and only took 80 shots....that is unbelievable !!!! To win it, we had to score big in the 4th...we scored 42 !!!!

Next opponent on Friday is going down too !!! We match-up against them as good any team in the league and our bigs and bench have more talent.

Last year we took them 3 to 1. Go Magic !!!

I'm getting downvotes for my reply in reference to Ball Junkie's post about what Suggs did leaving the Arena after the Magic beat the Nuggets last night.

First of all, I am very, very happy with the TEAM'S performance in beating the Nuggets, who are the reigning 2023 NBA champions.

I am happy for Suggs. He was outstanding in helping the Magic win the game. I mentioned Jordan Poole because what Suggs did after the game reminded me of Poole, who helped the Warriors win the NBA National Championship in 2022. Jordon played an outstanding game, shooting and scoring lots of 3's. Andrew Wiggins played well also. At the end of the championship game, Poole said to Wiggins, "We want the bag" (meaning we want a big contract).

During the 2022-2023 preseason, Poole turned his teammates off during practices with his cockiness, yelling out to his teammates what they were not doing as if he was an assistant coach.There was another incident between him and Draymond Green. Poole didn't play well during the 2022-2023 regular season. He missed alot of 3 pt. shots, was very bad on defense and turned the ball over alot.  So the Coach had enough and Poole was traded to the Wizards.

All I was saying about Suggs is that what he did (leaving the Arena)) was too soon. It just reminded me of the Jordon Poole effect. We haven't won the 2024 NBA Championship. We have only played 15 games and have a long ways to go before the playoffs. Anything can happen between now and the playoffs. It's okay for our players to be confident when talking to the press but not act out in other ways when they have a long ways to go to the finish line.

I'm sorry if it offended those who have become huge fans of Suggs. (See--below--parts of Ball Junkie's post about what Suggs did after the game)

"…he (Suggs) was walking to his car he was shouting stuff …when he drove out he stopped, rolled down his window and started pumping his fist just like he does in the games …then he starting taking pics and signing stuff…the crowd started yelling Jalen ! Jalen ! And he started yelling Jalen with them lol "

"Forgot to add when he rolled down his windows there was a woman in the passenger side and like 6 kids on the back"

If I am wrong about all of this, I apologize.

GO MAGIC!  xP6DjW.png

• Upvote 5

1 hour ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I'm getting downvotes for my reply in reference to Ball Junkie's post about what Suggs did leaving the Arena after the Magic beat the Nuggets last night.

First of all, I am very, very happy with the TEAM'S performance in beating the Nuggets, who are the reigning 2023 NBA champions.

I am happy for Suggs. He was outstanding in helping the Magic win the game. I mentioned Jordan Poole because what Suggs did after the game reminded me of Poole, who helped the Warriors win the NBA National Championship in 2022. Jordon played an outstanding game, shooting and scoring lots of 3's. Andrew Wiggins played well also. At the end of the championship game, Poole said to Wiggins, "We want the bag" (meaning we want a big contract).

During the 2022-2023 preseason, Poole turned his teammates off during practices with his cockiness, yelling out to his teammates what they were not doing as if he was an assistant coach.There was another incident between him and Draymond Green. Poole didn't play well during the 2022-2023 regular season. He missed alot of 3 pt. shots, was very bad on defense and turned the ball over alot.  So the Coach had enough and Poole was traded to the Wizards.

All I was saying about Suggs is that what he did (leaving the Arena)) was too soon. It just reminded me of the Jordon Poole effect. We haven't won the 2024 NBA Championship. We have only played 15 games and have a long ways to go before the playoffs. Anything can happen between now and the playoffs. It's okay for our players to be confident when talking to the press but not act out in other ways when they have a long ways to go to the finish line.

I'm sorry if it offended those who have become huge fans of Suggs. (See--below--parts of Ball Junkie's post about what Suggs did after the game)

"…he (Suggs) was walking to his car he was shouting stuff …when he drove out he stopped, rolled down his window and started pumping his fist just like he does in the games …then he starting taking pics and signing stuff…the crowd started yelling Jalen ! Jalen ! And he started yelling Jalen with them lol "

"Forgot to add when he rolled down his windows there was a woman in the passenger side and like 6 kids on the back"

If I am wrong about all of this, I apologize.

GO MAGIC!  xP6DjW.png

No worries at all TMF. Sorry you got down votes. Suggs seems like a good humble guy from the interviews. His intensity and defense have been huge this year.  He doesn’t seem like that kind of guy to me but who knows?  We all have our moments with body language, stories etc.  Remember the last game with Paolo and Mosley where you thought Mosley told him to sit down?  But we saw them agreeing.  It’s no worries though it’s sports. We all have our favorite players and your one of the best posters on here. I’ll give you an extra up vote.  Happy Thanksgiving and Go Magic!

Side Note:  That punch of Poole has not aged well lol. If you think about it, Draymond has cost The Warriors an awful lot as good as he is with his antics. I sometime wonder if Durant would have stayed if not for him. 

37 minutes ago, MagicMan1979 said:

No worries at all TMF. Sorry you got down votes. Suggs seems like a good humble guy from the interviews. His intensity and defense have been huge this year.  He doesn’t seem like that kind of guy to me but who knows?  We all have our moments with body language, stories etc.  Remember the last game with Paolo and Mosley where you thought Mosley told him to sit down?  But we saw them agreeing.  It’s no worries though it’s sports. We all have our favorite players and your one of the best posters on here. I’ll give you an extra up vote.  Happy Thanksgiving and Go Magic!

Side Note:  That punch of Poole has not aged well lol. If you think about it, Draymond has cost The Warriors an awful lot as good as he is with his antics. I sometime wonder if Durant would have stayed if not for him. 

Thanks, MagicFan1979  votnnj.png

1 hour ago, MagicMan1979 said:

I'm with you in reference to Draymond Green. The Warriors is my 2nd favorite team. I always loved Green for his defense and how he is able to find his teammates in passing the ball, but more and more he is getting on my last nerve. He.has.been costing the Warriors games and then he apologizes in terms of it's not a good example to set for his child. But he keeps doing it. Something is wrong with him.

The Warriors may have to move him.

13 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I'm with you in reference to Draymond Green. The Warriors is my 2nd favorite team. I always loved Green for his defense and how he is able to find his teammates in passing the ball, but more and more he is getting on my last nerve. He.has.been costing the Warriors games and then he apologizes in terms of it's not a good example to set for his child. But he keeps doing it. Something is wrong with him.

The Warriors may have to move him.

He is a mental. Suggs has 6 kids??? No worries, don’t sweat the downvotes, people get butt hurt over stupid shi*