Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

Also Goga with 6 assists, 5 blocks and 2 steals to go with 9 points and 7 boards... What on earth are we going to do with this center rotation when Wendell is healthy? 

Magic FO and coaching staff given themselves an incredible headache. 

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Also Goga with 6 assists, 5 blocks and 2 steals to go with 9 points and 7 boards... What on earth are we going to do with this center rotation when Wendell is healthy?  

Magic FO and coaching staff given themselves an incredible headache. 

Would've loved to see him get a 5x5 and break the internet

I’m not counting tonight as a loss because of being the second night of a back to back …sometimes that is the case …but we are at home …nobody had to travel anywhere after the game except back to their own homes …last night was a comfortable win where only 3 guys logged 30 minutes of playing time …and that was barely 30 minutes with Goga and Franz getting 31 and Paolo 32 …we should be ready to rock and roll …the way we are playing and the defending champs in town should be a very interesting game 

1 hour ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Would've loved to see him get a 5x5 and break the internet

Admittedly 3 steals is a lot but the fact that I looked at the box score and said to myself that he was kind of close is incredible. 

If at the start of the season you said to me "at some point this season you'll look at a box score and say, wow X player almost got a 5x5 who do you think the player is?" Honestly Goga Bitadze might have been one of the last guys I'd guess on the whole roster. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

That was awesome. Only second game this season where we really dominated from start to finish. The defense is suffocating man. The other team just see so many bodies. Then we force so many turnovers and get so many second chance points that it doesn't really matter about how good the offense is because we're shooting so many more shots than the other team. 

And on nights like tonight where we just attack the paint relentlessly and get dunks, lobs, FTs. It's over. 

Jalen Suggs is that dude. His defense and his energy epitomizes everything we're about.

Paolo is a star. 

Franz too though I still don't think we've seen the best of him offensively

Cole has been sensational the last couple as a passer specifically. That was always an area I thought he lagged behind the rest of the guard rotation but he made some great finds today and a double double with assists. 

9-5, 4 games over .500, still a chance in the Tournament. 

Tomorrow feels like a scheduled loss against the defending champs on the second night of a back to back but it's good vibes either way.

Also, it might mean nothing but Chuma hitting those 2 3s at the end raised my eyebrows a little. If he does that he's a rotation guy. 

Mosely is doing a phenomenal job.

Paolo’s last ten games  

21.8 Pts 7.2 Rebs 4.3 Assists

49.7% FG 46.7% 3 Pointers and even is up to 71.6 from The Free Throw Line.

I like what he said in the post game interview about trying so much harder on defense. He is noticeably  better on that end since he played for Team USA. He is a legit star at this point  

The only thing holding Franz back is his 26.1% from three his last ten games.  Once his shot falls at his normal rate he will be up around 20 Pts per game.  Franz has also improved everywhere this year.

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Now here me out. Sure, we have 2 starters out, but I think that with the rotations that Mosely is currently using, and the fact that the team has built some chemistry that has the team on a winning streak, I would like for Mosely to keep the rotations as is.

First, I would like for Goga to replace WCJ as the starting center. He has been a very good match up for other teams' centers  and has done a very good job as a rim protector.. Whereas WCJ is better offensively, Goga has helped the Magic get off to an excellent start by protecting the rim. He might be the same height as WCJ, but he just seems bigger around the basket. That is important when we play against centers like Jokic and Anthony Davis who sometimes play center even though he is a power forward.

Mo Wagner is huge coming off the bench with the second unit along with Cole Anthony.

Issac has done well grabbing rebounds and blocking shots, but he is a power forward and reminds me a lot of Horace Grant and the era when we had Shaq.

Go ahead and downvote me. But that's my opinion.

No way you get a down vote.  You even gave Cole love!  Lol

Our team is good, don't get me wrong. But 4 games ago some of y'all were calling for Mosley's head (I was in that camp). I'm still not convinced we won't continue to have games where we struggle on offense, but our swarming defense at the very lease feels like it's going to keep our guys in the game. 

WCJ makes us better as much as Goga has been great. He's better on offense, is pretty good on defense, and gives us a stretch shooter (though he admittedly stands out there a bit too much for a big man IMO). I think it's a GREAT problem to have that we are so deep we don't know who to not give minutes to. 

32 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

Our team is good, don't get me wrong. But 4 games ago some of y'all were calling for Mosley's head (I was in that camp). I'm still not convinced we won't continue to have games where we struggle on offense, but our swarming defense at the very lease feels like it's going to keep our guys in the game. 

Of course we are going to have games we struggle on offense. All the more reason to enjoy the games where we dominate. 

Anybody calling for Mosley's head after 10 games was not in their right mind.

6 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Of course we are going to have games we struggle on offense. All the more reason to enjoy the games where we dominate. 

Anybody calling for Mosley's head after 10 games was not in their right mind.

agreed. fickle fans