Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

43 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

Markelle out AGAIN tonight.....this one will be his 6th straight game not playing. Something got to be really wrong.

Not really. He has patellar tendonitis. This is what tendonitis is like. It's not actually "serious" in the sense that it won't require surgery or anything. But it can take quite a long period of rest to recover from because it's painful, and when it's severe it can be painful doing regular life walking around stuff nevermind basketball. 

Source: Google but also Ive had achilles tendonitis which I'm presuming is somewhat similar and it sucked. 

There's a vid doing the rounds in Magic circles from Orlando Magic Daily on Twitter of Markelle shooting shots (barely, he's not really jumping since his knee is wrapped) and honestly his shot looks more broken than it ever has which is more worrying to me than the tendonitis. Hoping he was just messing around and not going to panic yet but if he's got shoulder issues back that's much more of a worry for me. 

It's incredibly small sample size given the time missed but last year he was 31% from 3, 45% from 16 feet and out, 44% from 10-16 feet. This year 0% from 3, 17% from 16 feet out to the 3 point line, 33% from 10-16 feet. 

I would love the Markelle redemption story but he has to produce. It's starting to look like he will be a slightly more athletic McW. That will be his career arc with more leg injuries.

6 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Not really. He has patellar tendonitis. This is what tendonitis is like. It's not actually "serious" in the sense that it won't require surgery or anything. But it can take quite a long period of rest to recover from because it's painful, and when it's severe it can be painful doing regular life walking around stuff nevermind basketball. 

Source: Google but also Ive had achilles tendonitis which I'm presuming is somewhat similar and it sucked. 

It’s the same knee he had surgery on though. As I health care provider that’s not a good sign. Once you have surgery it is far more likely to have chronic issues and re-injure the weakened joint.  Not the end of the  world but it is concerning from my perspective. I can’t find if he had a new MRI for this year. Also don’t think medical staffs for theses teams don’t downplay things like this constantly. 

6 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

There's a vid doing the rounds in Magic circles from Orlando Magic Daily on Twitter of Markelle shooting shots (barely, he's not really jumping since his knee is wrapped) and honestly his shot looks more broken than it ever has which is more worrying to me than the tendonitis. Hoping he was just messing around and not going to panic yet but if he's got shoulder issues back that's much more of a worry for me. 

It's incredibly small sample size given the time missed but last year he was 31% from 3, 45% from 16 feet and out, 44% from 10-16 feet. This year 0% from 3, 17% from 16 feet out to the 3 point line, 33% from 10-16 feet. 

his shot had a hitch, but apparently he was trolling.. Seen a video from the same practice, where he was shooting with his regular form.. 

Not gonna lie, he had me worried af for a bit.. 

Im a huge homer, but our tournament court design is the best out there! just gorgeous! 

After years of design fails, we’ve finally upped our game. Jerseys, court design. Everything is on point 

1 hour ago, orlandoholic said:

Im a huge homer, but our tournament court design is the best out there! just gorgeous! 

After years of design fails, we’ve finally upped our game. Jerseys, court design. Everything is on point 

I completely agree. Love both. 

1 hour ago, orlandoholic said:

The jerseys are so boring to me, no connection to the city despite being the city edition.

The court is fine, but I think it is only because we have gray as one of the primary color s. Much more easy in the eye than bright teal or purple lol. I think the city courts would be so much better if it was just the colored stripe down the middle with regular harcourt around it. Maybe that wouldn’t be flashy enough tho

All this Fultz paranoia …they just interviewed him …he was super upbeat …kept saying he can’t wait to get back out there …and the way this team is rolling right now it’s a scary thought for the league if he comes back and is as effective as he was last year …AB still a work in progress .