Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

WEPA !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GOOD WHIPPING LAST NIGHT

IN 1ST PLACE IN OUR DIVISION

TOP 4 IN OUR CONFERENCE

An appropriate response to how he played yesterday. I still think he can be a good NBA player, you can't write off a draft pick in year 1, but he's nowhere near ready to play a role on a team that wants to win basketball games.

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Haliburton in the 2 games before this combined was 32 assists and 0 turnovers. Haliburton against the Magic 3 assists, 4 turnovers. Magic defense is legit. Jalen Suggs should be all defense if he keeps this up. 

Also was out there getting buckets. I’m sure he will still have some stinkers this year but to me he has already this season had more nights showing he is a legit starter. 

While I’m a big fan of Fultz and was hoping for AB in the draft, I actually think if we were to try and make a big swing trade it should be for a PG shooter. A Darius Garland type, tho he would be impossible to get 

9 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I almost wrote a post yesterday morning about how I thought the Pacers might be a fake good team because they hadn't played a top defense at all yet except the Boston game where they got annihilated and then their offensive numbers were inflated by whooping the Spurs. I deleted it before posting because I didn't want to tempt fate. 

Kind of turned out that way I thought. Suggs locked up Haliburton and then nobody else on that team really scares me as a creator. 

They also had no answer for the size of Franz and Paolo at the forward spots. 

Not going to lie I was holding my breath when we brought our the end of the bench guys with 8 mins left and they were just throwing it out of bound and off their own knees etc but we held on and got some rest for the main guys. 

Goga revenge game too, he was great. Honestly I dunno what we do when Wendell returns, feels brutal to go back to Goga DNPs after the way he's played. 

Also, after that cameo you won't hear me say "where's Jett?" For a while. Game looks way too fast for him. Let him get a year under his belt and then we'll start to drip feed him some mins. 

Defense was obviously key, but I also thing the ability to get into the paint and score was big. It really slowed pacers downs (lack of turnovers and long rebounds). 

As for Goga it’s a tough situation. He deserves minutes, but figuring out how is tough. 

With WCJ back does this 10 deep work? I don’t love messing with the second unit  

PG: Suggs / Cole 

SG: Harris / Ingles 

SF: Franz / JI 

PF: Paolo/ Moe Wagner 

C: Wendell/ Goga 

When Fultz returns that obviously doesn’t work  

Agree, with Jett, he looks lost. Would also add, AB’s ability to handle pressure is concerning. His handle needs to get tighter quickly or he needs to be out of rotation as well. 

8 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Next 3 games are a pretty tough home stand with Toronto, Denver then Boston. 

After that we get Charlotte and the Wizards twice to round out a 6 game home stretch. 

On paper I think you'd be hoping for going 4-2, minimum 3-3, in that stretch. Defending champions on the second night of a back to back is tough, Boston are the best team in the East despite how we played them last year that's a tough game. Then it'd be very Magic to blow at least 1 of those Charlotte or Wizards games but I'd like to think we can take care of business against them at home.

Toronto next up though, another one of those teams in that 6-10 East range. Kind of a similar build to us in terms of length and athleticism and defense. They've got the bodies to match up with Paolo and Franz too. Feels like a coin flip. Maybe that's me being cautious though, we'll find out. 

4-2 needs to be the goal. Anything less shouldn’t be the standard for a playoff team on a home stand. 

Want to speak that into existence. That Denver game with Murray most likely back is tough tough. 

17 hours ago, ball junkie said:

So the Pacers were 7-4 …a pretty good team …that was total domination …super impressive …no other way to slice it 

That was a measuring stick game for sure. Very nice wins for the young guys.  

18 minutes ago, MagicFanDan said:

Defense was obviously key, but I also thing the ability to get into the paint and score was big. It really slowed pacers downs (lack of turnovers and long rebounds). 

As for Goga it’s a tough situation. He deserves minutes, but figuring out how is tough. 

With WCJ back does this 10 deep work? I don’t love messing with the second unit  

PG: Suggs / Cole 

SG: Harris / Ingles 

SF: Franz / JI 

PF: Paolo/ Moe Wagner 

C: Wendell/ Goga 

When Fultz returns that obviously doesn’t work  

Agree, with Jett, he looks lost. Would also add, AB’s ability to handle pressure is concerning. His handle needs to get tighter quickly or he needs to be out of rotation as well. 

Ingles can't play the 2 and Isaac shouldn't be playing the 3. That's what I mean though there's no easy situation. I dunno if you just play Goga and Mo Wagner more on individual nights based on matchups.