Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

Franz had possibly his best game of the season, hit the clutch and 1 to seal the game and I still kind of feel like we haven't had a really great game from him yet. That's exciting. 

Last season we finished the season with the 3rd worst record in the East. By my reckoning there are at the very least 4 teams worse than us in the East (Bulls, Hornets, Wizards, Pistons) that means we just need to be better than one of the remaining teams to guarantee a play in spot. 

It'll be interesting to see what the Raptors do with Siakam, Gary Trent and OG Anunoby (player option) expiring.

We have the Pacers up next and they're basically the opposite of us. They have a high powered offense and a bad defense. They rarely turn the ball over, shoot and make loads of 3s, give up lots of offensive rebounds and don't get many, don't force many turnovers, give up lots of FTs but don't get there a lot themselves. We're the exact opposite in all of those things. It's actually striking how much we are opposites. I'm a little nervous because I find when offense meets defense great offense wins. Feels like you can say this about like half of all the eastern conference games but this feels like a big one. 

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Last season we finished the season with the 3rd worst record in the East. By my reckoning there are at the very least 4 teams worse than us in the East (Bulls, Hornets, Wizards, Pistons) that means we just need to be better than one of the remaining teams to guarantee a play in spot. 

It'll be interesting to see what the Raptors do with Siakam, Gary Trent and OG Anunoby (player option) expiring.

We have the Pacers up next and they're basically the opposite of us. They have a high powered offense and a bad defense. They rarely turn the ball over, shoot and make loads of 3s, give up lots of offensive rebounds and don't get many, don't force many turnovers, give up lots of FTs but don't get there a lot themselves. We're the exact opposite in all of those things. It's actually striking how much we are opposites. I'm a little nervous because I find when offense meets defense great offense wins. Feels like you can say this about like half of all the eastern conference games but this feels like a big one. 

You might be able to watch this one.  Think I recall hearing it’s starting very early.  

34 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

You might be able to watch this one.  Think I recall hearing it’s starting very early.  

Yea 10pm start for me. I watch all the games on league pass in the morning anyway but I might manage this one live. 

Really enjoyed last night game even though it shouldn't have been that close.. but Lavine really caught on fire and we all know Moseley like to take his time before making adjudgements.

Great games by lots of guys, feel like everyone made their part. Especially Franz and Isaac. And let's not forget we're playing without 3 starters.

On the other hand, Paolo with 7 turnovers is crazy.. Most of those TO are the same, he drives to the basquet, jump in the air and then (while in the air) tries to find someone to pass the ball. He just need to take better care of the ball and he's gonna have a great year. And maybe start hitting those free throws lol

1 hour ago, Imago said:

Really enjoyed last night game even though it shouldn't have been that close.. but Lavine really caught on fire and we all know Moseley like to take his time before making adjudgements.

Great games by lots of guys, feel like everyone made their part. Especially Franz and Isaac. And let's not forget we're playing without 3 starters.

On the other hand, Paolo with 7 turnovers is crazy.. Most of those TO are the same, he drives to the basquet, jump in the air and then (while in the air) tries to find someone to pass the ball. He just need to take better care of the ball and he's gonna have a great year. And maybe start hitting those free throws lol

Paolo definitely needs to work on passing the ball and free throws. It's not just this season, but last season he had a habit of blindly trying to pass the ball when clearly--not just one--but several opponents are blocking his view.

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Franz had possibly his best game of the season, hit the clutch and 1 to seal the game and I still kind of feel like we haven't had a really great game from him yet. That's exciting. 

I agree I think Franz is going to have a huge scoring game soon once his shot starts falling again. I was so glad to see him get a game winner. Paolo got his second game winner the game before. I love that they both seem to have no ego as far as who’s team it is. The whole team has good chemistry. The future looks bright with those two leading the way!

1 hour ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Paolo definitely needs to work on passing the ball and free throws. It's not just this season, but last season he had a habit of blindly trying to pass the ball when clearly--not just one--but several opponents are blocking his view.

Last night was his worst passing game for sure. He has had some nice high assist games though as well. I especially liked his game against The Lebron’s where he had 10 assists. It’s all part of him learning to be a primary playmaker in his second season. At least he is a much improved three point shooter and better defender. 

14 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Best JI game in years. Paolo and Franz making clutch shots in back to back games. Vucevic costing Chicago late with bad D and missed open shots. Feel like the last infinity stone is us trading for Lavine to completely destroy the Bulls franchise

100%

Lavine even said that being benched during a bad shooting night against us changed his relationship with the coach forever 

Most of our turnovers are unforced. Our guys just need to slow down a fraction and take better care of the ball. 
Have the rules change on slip and fall with the ball? It used to be if both of your feet moved it was a travel.