Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

20 hours ago, ball junkie said:

I know you guys like AB …me not so much …but the Fultz injury issues are very troublesome for our season outlook …not good imo

What are your concerns with AB after watching him play so far this season? He has been better than I thought personally. 

• Upvote 1

4 minutes ago, MagicMan1979 said:

What are your concerns with AB after watching him play so far this season? He has been better than I thought personally. 

He didn’t go to Kentucky 

• Upvote 4

Yeah, he wanted Wallace. Talented kid, but I think AB has the higher upside. Utah was trying to trade up with Detroit to jump in front of us to draft him. He would've been a perfect fit in Utah, and would've won the starting job out of training camp. The kid just makes the right play majority of the time. That pass to Isaac to close out the half last game was beautiful. He has a nice floater, too. I would like to see him attack the paint more because he can take advantage of the attention Paolo and Franz gets. I feel he's our best guard around the rim, outside of Fultz. He needs to showcase more of that part of his game.

2 hours ago, MagicMan1979 said:

Calling me out and forcing me to respond lol …this won’t be popular and yeah UK guards in the NBA rule haha.

Watch our offense when he’s in the game …the D pays absolutely no attention to him …what do you think that means for Franz and Banchero ? Yeah, he’s hit some 3’s and even got loose on some back doors …but again he’s largely ignored …he’s not explosive …so yeah if you wanna keep playing him cause he makes good decisions and passes well doesn’t turn it over go for it …we honestly don’t have a choice right now …but I think once NBA teams put the screws down defensively we are in trouble .

And honestly …do you really wanna play the entire season …a crucial season in which we need to make the playoffs …with a rookie PG ?

2 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

He didn’t go to Kentucky 

Bro …he’s balling …sky is his limit …another unpopular opinion but he might turn out the best player in the 2022 draft …long way to go .

22 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Calling me out and forcing me to respond lol …this won’t be popular and yeah UK guards in the NBA rule haha.

Watch our offense when he’s in the game …the D pays absolutely no attention to him …what do you think that means for Franz and Banchero ? Yeah, he’s hit some 3’s and even got loose on some back doors …but again he’s largely ignored …he’s not explosive …so yeah if you wanna keep playing him cause he makes good decisions and passes well doesn’t turn it over go for it …we honestly don’t have a choice right now …but I think once NBA teams put the screws down defensively we are in trouble .

And honestly …do you really wanna play the entire season …a crucial season in which we need to make the playoffs …with a rookie PG ?

Yes. He's the best option for the role after Fultz, which is why he was drafted.

1 hour ago, ball junkie said:

Didn’t mean to call you out lol. All good points but he is the best option with Fultz out. I have been impressed with Black’s defense and using his length on that end of the floor. No I don’t want him as a starter for the full season as he is a rookie. I do think his play keeps him in the rotation for the rest of the season unless he regresses. 

I’d consider trading for a Vetran PG such as Brogdon if it doesn’t cost much.  I love Fultz but he is a free agent. What would you be willing to sign Fultz for?  Does he fit anymore?  I really think we need a shooter at PG with Franz and Paolo.  

UK guards are good lol