Soul Bro

2023-2024 General Game Thread

5 hours ago, Shine88 said:

Well, you should try watching the game before you comment, because the kid balled out. Knocked down the open shots, played great defense and made some really nice passes. He looked WAY better  than Wallace did in his first start, too.  

Also, he looked more poised than Cole and Suggs, too. Those two can get outta control, whereas Black let the game come to him. The moment isn't too big for the kid. I liked the kid coming out of the draft. I thought he was the best player in the Maui Tournament (back to back 25 point game), and was clearly the best player UConn faced on their Championship run.

Now, we need Jett to bump Ingles outta the rotation. Kelly Oubre would of been a much better fit, too. The Sixers are paying him under $3 million. Bargain!

He did play well that was a given but judging by your response I should have acknowledged that …my pessimistic response was based on long term ramifications, not the immediate …if Fultz is out for an extended period of time .

Great win against a team that was favored against us by a few points.  First win against a team not expected to be a bottom feeder which is a big positive for us.  Starting to look legit.  

Magic are second in the league in defensive rating. 

Also don't look now but the Portland Trailblazers, who we beat on the road, have rattled off 3 straight wins. 

2 hours ago, Forumreader said:

PB5 had an AI moment 

we are 4-2 baby

Paolo had been terrible in every game his rookie year against LeBron and didn't look great in our first game against him. I'm hopeful that this continues to drive that confidence in Paolo and he can look back on this moment. Tonight he was who we need him to be to one day make a deep playoff run. 

Also, I love that he continues to naturally highlight other guys in his interviews at every turn. It's the sign of a good, humble leader and will continue to make other guys want to play with him.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, ball junkie said:

He did play well that was a given but judging by your response I should have acknowledged that …my pessimistic response was based on long term ramifications, not the immediate …if Fultz is out for an extended period of time .

I agree we definitely need Fultz back. But after watching Black the last two games it does make me wonder who the long term guard will be. Junkie I wasn’t a fan of Black when we drafted him but he has impressed me with his IQ, size, and toughness. He even hit threes last night which was a surprise. I have to also give Mosley credit for starting him last night. 

1 hour ago, Forumreader said:

I want to find out the standings of last year thru the first 6 games.

We were 1-5 and our lone win came against the 27 win Hornets. 

EDIT: just realised you said standings sorry I don't know anywhere to find that. 

5 hours ago, Forumreader said:

PB5 had an AI moment 

we are 4-2 baby

4 - 2 

Feels good Magic fans....feels good !!!!!!!!

50 minutes ago, MagicMan1979 said:

I agree we definitely need Fultz back. But after watching Black the last two games it does make me wonder who the long term guard will be. Junkie I wasn’t a fan of Black when we drafted him but he has impressed me with his IQ, size, and toughness. He even hit threes last night which was a surprise. I have to also give Mosley credit for starting him last night. 

AB just cracked the rotation with last night's performance.....wonder how many DPCD will have the rest of the year? I hope very few.

39 IN THE 1ST Q

Early Happy 39th Birthday Wishes Lebron 

(His BD is in DEC)