Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

17 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

The starters have played together a total of 5 games …and impressively I might add …but I digress .

Don’t worry about me …please feel free to continue with your trade discussions 

That’s a 5 game sample size and again a playoff series is completely different than the regular season. What’s the point of being on a message board if we don’t discuss the Magic even if we differ in opinion? 

15 minutes ago, OnlyFranz said:

That’s a 5 game sample size and again a playoff series is completely different than the regular season. What’s the point of being on a message board if we don’t discuss the Magic even if we differ in opinion? 

Yeah please discuss all and everything …I’ve already expressed my thoughts ad  nauseam …it’s fine to disagree …all good bruh 

24 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Yeah please discuss all and everything …I’ve already expressed my thoughts ad  nauseam …it’s fine to disagree …all good bruh 

Lol fair enough. Whatever the Magic end up doing I just hope it benefits us in the long run and we get to finally enjoy watching this team again in the playoffs. 

Gary Harris still not practicing or doing any contact work. He got hurt the same game as Franz and it’s being reported as a calf strain. My theory is we’re holding him out til the deadline due to his injury history. Not necessarily meaning we’re 100% trading him but we’re fielding calls

I just saw a stupid rumor that I don’t believe, but it hinges around a Bulls/Pistons deal and Lavine and Cade. If there’s any chance Cade is available he’s the one to blow the asset load for. A Paolo/Franz/Cade trio to build around would be insane.

2 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I just saw a stupid rumor that I don’t believe, but it hinges around a Bulls/Pistons deal and Lavine and Cade. If there’s any chance Cade is available he’s the one to blow the asset load for. A Paolo/Franz/Cade trio to build around would be insane.

If the Pistons trade Cade for Lavine they're the most poverty franchise ever. 

And yes, if Cade is available anyone not named Franz/Paolo should be on the table. Cade/Franz/Paolo has the potential to win a championship.

2 hours ago, OnlyFranz said:

This is exactly why we need to make a trade. We can't build a starting lineup when 1 or more of our 5 miss a lot of games. Let's trade 2 guys that don't play much along with some expiring contracts and picks and get a couple of guys that can play most of the season. Keeping what we have in hopes that they stay healthy is just leading to a heartbreak when we have 1-2 starters out for the playoffs.

5 hours ago, ball junkie said:

What if Fultz stays healthy the rest of the year ? What if Fultz doesn’t get traded and the Magic climb back up the East standings and make an impressive showing in the playoffs ? Would you still kick him to the curb in favor of someone else ?  Would he not be your starter next season if the Magic dazzle in the playoffs ? 

I hate to sound like a broken record but nobody knows how this team will perform under the playoff lights .

Seems like a lot of assuming going on.

Here’s what I do know as factual …the original starting 5 has been super impressive in their limited time on the court this season …Banchero states Fultz makes his life so much easier …Banchero states he’s yearning for the team to get heathy so they can get better cohesion and start gearing up for the playoffs ….would  a trade upset the apple cart ?

You guys constantly are harping about team chemistry and getting along …which this team seems to have …you would make a deadline trade in favor of breaking up this team chemistry ? If they do make a deadline deal for a PG 6 weeks is not a long time to rebuild team chemistry and cohesion .

Having said all this I’m not a business man …that’s why Weltham make the big bucks .

I’ll say this again …some of you guys that are trade happy should probably pull for the team to lose often these next 7 games …cause I can’t see Weltham pulling the trigger if we start getting it together .

Since none of us know the future, you have to make assumptions about different scenarios and assign some probabilities to them.  Remember we didn’t have our starting lineup fully together when we had our ten game win streak either.  But we’ve seen ourselves get beaten convincingly by better teams often enough to have a good basis for estimating how this team could unfold going forward. 

If we wait until we have perfect knowledge to do anything, we will never do anything.  And some change is inevitable anyway, as when contracts expire 

• Upvote 1

Are the Magic open to moving Anthony Black and/or Wendell Carter Jr. for an offensive panacea? 

Got this from BR …I’d move AB in a heartbeat …I’ve seen him play in college and now here …whether Fultz is here after the deadline or not this kid doesn’t fit …talk about Fultz not being able to shoot …this kid is literally left by himself on the floor …talk about a spacing problem …do you guys watch his shooting form ? …it’s like he’s throwing a shot put, reminds me of the black and white videos back in the day of the set shooters …kid has zero explosiveness …he is tall and that does help him defensively … think I saw Jon post a few pages back we just took him because that’s all that was there at 7 …and I totally agree …if teams were up in his chest like in the playoffs he’d never get a shot attempt off