Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

3 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Serious question, if we max out as a team that finishes in the 7-10 slots and loses the play-in game or games, would you consider that a successful season?

Have you been following this team since Dwight left ? How boring has this message board Magic chat place been ? Nuff said lol

2 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Have you been following this team since Dwight left ? How boring has this message board Magic chat place been ? Nuff said lol

Oh I’ve been following since opening day 1989. I grew up with this team and been through every single high and low. This season, if you asked me before it started if a play-in spot would be enough I would’ve said hell yeah.. but I think the 14-5 start spoiled me. I want to at least have a round in the tournament this year 

4 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

We’ve waited a very long time for a decent team.  If a trade will help this team get better and avoid us getting swept in the playoffs or give us a chance of getting to second round, why would we not want to do it?  We added key pieces by trade in the past which helped make us much better.  Why not now also if such a player is available?

2 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Oh I’ve been following since opening day 1989. I grew up with this team and been through every single high and low. This season, if you asked me before it started if a play-in spot would be enough I would’ve said hell yeah.. but I think the 14-5 start spoiled me. I want to at least have a round in the tournament this year 

I mean, like the article posted says …I think the Magic easily make the top 8 …probably higher if we get stability in the lineups …and right now everybody getting healthy …so knock on wood …key guys start getting hurt again all bets are off 

2 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

We’ve waited a very long time for a decent team.  If a trade will help this team get better and avoid us getting swept in the playoffs or give us a chance of getting to second round, why would we not want to do it?  We added key pieces by trade in the past which helped make us much better.  Why not now also if such a player is available?

Did you see the numbers with the opening night starting lineup ? Jay posted it a couple pages back …it’s petty dominant …a trade like you’re referencing shakes things up pretty good …the team and organization has pretty much promised playoffs …we came up just short last season …if they make a trade involving Fultz it better be a good one .

45 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Serious question, if we max out as a team that finishes in the 7-10 slots and loses the play-in game or games, would you consider that a successful season?

No I would not consider that a successful season. I am with your point of view here. There are players that need to move on. Better to do it now and get something valuable. 

6 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Curious: What players would be untouchable in a deal for Murray for you guys?

I really hope we end up with him. 

Paolo, Franz, Suggs

It's time to cash in our expiring contracts and some picks for somebody that can run the team and hit 3s when we need them. Without being able to shoot Fultz runs the team well but makes it harder on Franz & Paolo. The fact that he misses so much time makes him a must go. AB has done a decent job when starting, but need someone better that can mentor him. There are several players that fit that description and we have some of the best assets in the NBA right now. Trading our expiring guys and a couple of picks is very low risk.

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

It's time to cash in our expiring contracts and some picks for somebody that can run the team and hit 3s when we need them. Without being able to shoot Fultz runs the team well but makes it harder on Franz & Paolo. The fact that he misses so much time makes him a must go. AB has done a decent job when starting, but need someone better that can mentor him. There are several players that fit that description and we have some of the best assets in the NBA right now. Trading our expiring guys and a couple of picks is very low risk.

lol I just posted quotes from Paolo himself after the Miami game saying how much easier Fultz makes his life …but you guys by all means keep creating this false narrative …now if it’s a business decision go for it but like I said it better move us forward and not backwards .

9 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

lol I just posted quotes from Paolo himself after the Miami game saying how much easier Fultz makes his life …but you guys by all means keep creating this false narrative …now if it’s a business decision go for it but like I said it better move us forward and not backwards .

Everyone agrees on that.  The differences have to do with what strategy gets us there.  Will be interesting to see how this plays out, because at least this team is now interesting in January!

5 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Lose in the play in? No. 

If we finish 7 or 8 and make that actual playoffs that's a success to me. 

I think this team can do that without any additions to be honest but like everyone that win streak has me being greedy. 

11 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Curious: What players would be untouchable in a deal for Murray for you guys?

Paolo, Franz, Suggs, AB and possibly WCJ. 

Is it worthwhile taking a step forward at PG to take a step backward at C?  Possibly but from a cap perspective that WCJ contract is nice and hard to let go of. He'll be making less than the mid level exception for the next 2 years after this one. That's insane value. 

AB I'm just really high on.