Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

15 hours ago, JJZFL said:

I agree pretty much 100% with your comments.  My only question regarding Ingles is whether it's a lack of leg, or more the inability to get set properly for his shots due to having no space.  My take so far leans more towards  the latter.  

Ingles is surely still finding his legs, but another problem could be that we played him at SF for most time (together with Mo and Isaac usually) and for his age and history, he probably need to play more as a stretch PF as CTMagic pointed when we signed him. Too slow to play against SF at the moment. If Wendell is going to miss some time, we'll probably see Ingles more at PF.

Reason why I'm actually more worried about our backcourt injuries, let's hope there's nothing major that early.

1 hour ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I would like for Goga Bitadze to start at center, let Mo Wagner come off the bench with the second unit. I thought Goga played well last season in the few minutes he played.

Edit: Goga played well as a rim protector.

Hey TMF! Happy new season! 

I agree with you 100%. Plug Goga directly into the starting 5. The bench has been solid and I don’t want to interrupt their chemistry and flow.

What's up guys? Happy new season. 

Took a break for a few months that helpfully coincided with the doldrums of the off-season at the start. This place can kind of be an echo chamber at times and I got sick of having the same contentious discussions with the same people over and over. But we've actually got new stuff to talk about so let's say I'm, tentatively, back.

Happy with the start sans the recent injuries. Starting the season with a 4 game west coast road trip is ludicrous but it's out of the way and we're above .500. 

Agree with the above that I think I'd go with Goga to start at the 5. Even if he only plays 20 mins and you make up the rest with Paolo or Isaac 5 minutes I think that's better than disrupting the bench group. 

• Upvote 2

27 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Took a break for a few months that helpfully coincided with the doldrums of the off-season at the start. This place can kind of be an echo chamber at times and I got sick of having the same contentious discussions with the same people over and over. But we've actually got new stuff to talk about so let's say I'm, tentatively, back.

Happy with the start sans the recent injuries. Starting the season with a 4 game west coast road trip is ludicrous but it's out of the way and we're above .500. 

Agree with the above that I think I'd go with Goga to start at the 5. Even if he only plays 20 mins and you make up the rest with Paolo or Isaac 5 minutes I think that's better than disrupting the bench group. 

Welcome back! I've not even been able to watch any of these West Coast games, given my early morning work schedule. I'm excited to continue to see these guys develop. Agree on Goga in the starting five, too. 

41 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Good to see you back! We have had debates but I appreciate your knowledge and hope to see more of your posts. 
Goga starting I like, Isaac needs more minutes and this team needs Isaac to be successful. 

Wendell and Gary are out, Fultz questionable for tomorrow. 

Guessing we start Cole in place of Fultz (provided he can't go) and both AB and Jett get some burn off the bench to make up the hole in guard minutes. 

I'm trying to upvote everyone who said something nice to me but I'm getting a weird error message every time I do ("Sorry, there was a problem reacting to this content.").

This happening to anybody else? 

Regardless, thanks all.

• Upvote 1