Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

1 hour ago, Luke_FfS said:

It's not the only thing that I would like to know about FO... two losses and the forum is already starting to be back doubting the team after a long period of optimism.

btw, what happened to CTMagic?

The optimism was typical summer fluff amplified by only a small number of people.  As I’ve said many times, hope springs eternal during the summer and then reality hits when the games start to be played. 

We have just started the season.  Way too early to draw any real conclusions at this point.  As I’ve also said before, I disregard all the silly stuff said over the summer; this team is going to have to prove to me that they can actually be good.  

3 hours ago, Shine88 said:

These guys gotta start hitting their shots. The shooting has really been the main issue with this franchise since the SVG era.

Also, I say they give Ingles another 3-5 games before I turn to Jett.

Ingles wasn’t actually a bad idea. But he isn’t doing anything he should be doing. 
I thought we going to bring him in to stretch the field. Why tf is he handling the ball and playmaking out there? he’s to old for that. 

If we want another ballhandler and playmaker in the second unit, than play Cole and AB. No need for Ingles. 

15 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

Ingles wasn’t actually a bad idea. But he isn’t doing anything he should be doing. 
I thought we going to bring him in to stretch the field. Why tf is he handling the ball and playmaking out there? he’s to old for that. 

If we want another ballhandler and playmaker in the second unit, than play Cole and AB. No need for Ingles. 

There do seem to have been problems so far getting Ingles open looks.  Wouldn’t be the first time a decent three point shooter from a different (usually better) team came to the Magic and had their percentage drop significantly, because they were able to get more open shots with their previous team.  If Ingles is forced to try and create his own scoring opportunities, he will not be effective.  

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

There do seem to have been problems so far getting Ingles open looks.  Wouldn’t be the first time a decent three point shooter from a different (usually better) team came to the Magic and had their percentage drop significantly, because they were able to get more open shots with their previous team.  If Ingles is forced to try and create his own scoring opportunities, he will not be effective.  

It looks like it’s what the coach wants though. He seems to want Cole and Ingles to split handling duties! it’s a bad idea..

I think our coach needs to retool and just switch Harris and Suggs in the lineup. 

Harris would stretch the field for the first squad and Suggs and Cole can handle and Ingles can shoot threes. 

Seems more balanced for now

Ingles is quite old and recovering from a complex injury. I imagine that coach Mosley is giving him the minutes to regain confidence, even if he doesn't fully deserve them at the time. But he need them, if he doesn't recover and be back to the player he was, our signing wasn't really a good idea.

Same could be said for the Harris situation. I believe that everyone see that right now, he's the best fit with the starting lineup (he was a starter last season...) but Suggs could be a long term solution, we're putting the faith in him and see what happens.

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

It's not the only thing that I would like to know about FO... two losses and the forum is already starting to be back doubting the team after a long period of optimism.

btw, what happened to CTMagic?

He's been active and chatting in the True Blue Nation fantasy league. I'm sure he'll post here sooner rather than later

Re: Ingles, yeah he’s not shooting by choice. If you watch any of his attempts from deep they’re all short. He doesn’t seem to have much leg left in his game. Probably an end of bench vet by the end of the season with either AB or Jett taking his spot in the 2nd unit.

I’m choosing to let the schedule even out before I judge the team too harshly, but the offense is scary considering what we’ve been through with them over the past decade. A brutal 4 game west coast for games 2-5 of the season is just a harsh way to get introduced to a brand new season.

9 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Re: Ingles, yeah he’s not shooting by choice. If you watch any of his attempts from deep they’re all short. He doesn’t seem to have much leg left in his game. Probably an end of bench vet by the end of the season with either AB or Jett taking his spot in the 2nd unit.

I’m choosing to let the schedule even out before I judge the team too harshly, but the offense is scary considering what we’ve been through with them over the past decade. A brutal 4 game west coast for games 2-5 of the season is just a harsh way to get introduced to a brand new season.

I agree pretty much 100% with your comments.  My only question regarding Ingles is whether it's a lack of leg, or more the inability to get set properly for his shots due to having no space.  My take so far leans more towards  the latter.  

4 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Broken finger on his left hand for Wendell. He’s gonna miss some time

I would like for Goga Bitadze to start at center, let Mo Wagner come off the bench with the second unit. I thought Goga played well last season in the few minutes he played.

Edit: Goga played well as a rim protector.