Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

25 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

“One of the worst-kept secrets in the league is that Orlando, loaded with young talent but not with shooters, might offer Klay a ton of money next summer. Meanwhile, Joe Lacob has said the Warriors want to get all the way out of the luxury tax next summer, which is possible, but only if they are very disciplined about how much they’re willing to pay to keep Klay (and/or CP3). Put bluntly, Klay is the only one of the big three who might end up more valuable to another team than what the Warriors want to pay him. The more durable he continues to be, the larger the contract he deserves. The Warriors should absolutely try to bring him back, and not just as a sentimental gesture.”

https://theathletic.com/5398810/2024/04/08/warriors-klay-thompson-free-agency-kawakami/?source=user_shared_article

Count me in on the Klay train. If we don’t trade for a younger star guard, this dude would help our young team learn how to grind, play team ball, and win. A 2-3 year big deal wouldn’t be a bad investment.

Klay needs plays to be drawn up for him. I don’t think we are that type of team right now.. 

Easiest way for this team is to get players that can playmake and create by themselves. 

2 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

Klay needs plays to be drawn up for him. I don’t think we are that type of team right now.. 

Easiest way for this team is to get players that can playmake and create by themselves. 

I really liked Klay a lot when he was in his prime. I wouldn’t be against adding him but orlandoholic does have a point.  I do think we need another creator. We are so dependent and Paolo and to a lesser extent Franz.  He makes the list of potential free agents though because of his historically great shooting. 

3 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

I’m not against adding a playmaker, but I think we’re missing two big things:

1. Two-way players who can shoot the lights out. That list of free agents is not that long. I personally believe we have enough playmaking between Paulo and Franz.

2. Winning pedigree. Who on our bench right now can confront Paulo and the others about what it will take to win? I don’t think we have that guy. Klay (or someone like KCP) brings that ability.

Jontay Porter hit with a lifetime ban, because of betting..

Miles Bridges allowed to play again. 

NBA showed were their priorities lie.. Pretty shameful imo

• Upvote 1