Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

38 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

It’s tricky with the Rockets because they’re pretty much locked in the standings no matter what happens. No benefit in tanking, no harm in winning.

I agree with you, I hope we get a young team that has quit on the year and their heart is already in Cancun.

But, and Mosley has said this before with Detroit. These teams play hard because they lost couple of times against us and it’s personal.. 

For Houston, i believe their narrative will be, that they wanna show whose the best young team in the NBA (or better) 

I believe Houston will play hard against us

3 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

But, and Mosley has said this before with Detroit. These teams play hard because they lost couple of times against us and it’s personal.. 

For Houston, i believe their narrative will be, that they wanna show whose the best young team in the NBA (or better) 

It’s like Jeff Turner said last night, this time of year it’s important to jump on the teams that have nothing to play for early. If you don’t, you wind up with games like the Charlotte and Portland games we’ve had over the past week

2 hours ago, MagicFanDan said:

Question for the board. 

What would be your ideal first round matchup? 

Personally my order would be:

Pacers 

Knicks 

Cavs 

Bucks 

76ers 

Heat 

My order would be

Pacers

Cavs

Bucks

Knicks

Heat

Sixers

I like our chances against anyone besides Miami and Sixers. The Knicks one is tough as well. The pressure Madison square will put on this young team and the refs will be too much for us. 
I like our chances against the Bucks. The coach is terrible, the team is missing Middleton for the most part, Lilliard is dealing with personal issues and hasn’t been the same sense and most of all. We have have the best defender to check Antetokounpo in the entire NBA. I want the Bucks in the playoffs, just because it will be one matchup for the history. Isaac/ Antetokounpo matchup has been great and always will be!

Just now, All Eyes On Me said:

It’s like Jeff Turner said last night, this time of year it’s important to jump on the teams that have nothing to play for early. If you don’t, you wind up with games like the Charlotte and Portland games we’ve had over the past week

exactly!! We have issues with low energy Paolo and WCJ in those type of games. 

seen too great videos today

https://youtu.be/20gGJ_D18dY?si=dCAPCRQJXN2gd9C8

If you watch both videos it’s pretty clear that these players deal a lot with off ball stuff. Second video is Crawford talking NBA life, finances, family and stuff like that. Interesting side of the business.. 

As far as the first video, i don’t know if it’s a stretch. But maybe becoming a father has made Green play more serious? I dunno. 

I know this though. Green needs to get out of that locker room. Houston is not a great place for a personality like J. Green imo. (from the outside perspective) 
I believe our way of playing, especially allowing him to play off ball more will do wonders for him and really unlock his game. 

Im still trying to figure out what we will due going forward. I was, for a long time, a believer that we need another PG. But imo we aren’t doing that. We will continue to let Paolo and Franz handle the ball and go from there on offense. So we aren’t looking for Ball dominant PGs. It’s not happening. J. Green will soon shoot up my list, if Houston would trade him. 
Otherwise i’m looking at Combo guards that feel comfy playing off the ball and can be effective with backdoor cuts and shooting. 

Also with Green, our speed at Guard would be insane. 

https://x.com/fawzanamer_/status/1777161419718332470?s=46

I hope Markelle remembers these words once FA starts.. He needs to resign in team friendly conditions. Time to pay back. He’s earned a bag already because of how the Magic values are and under no circumstances he should earn anywhere near 10-15 mil.. 

Veteran minimum imo. Maybe 6-8 Mil max to keep him happy. 

7 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

it clearly isn't them though 

Tonight we're rooting for... 

Pistons

Raptors

Hawks 

Celtics (with nothing to play for)

Bulls

I am not hopeful. 

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Pistons

Raptors

Hawks 

Bulls

I am not hopeful. 

yeah   i noticed that too   all of our immediate competitors have statistically easier games  :(  

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Pistons

Raptors

Hawks 

Bulls

I am not hopeful. 

Yeah, I’m more nervous than I should be about still winding up in the play-in. I think we just need to go 2-2 in the last 4 and we’ll be fine, but after tonight the Bucks (x2) and Sixers games are gonna be full on playoff games. Bucks tomorrow night where we’re banged up and on the 2nd night of a back to back is pretty much a penciled in L. 

23 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

https://x.com/fawzanamer_/status/1777161419718332470?s=46

I hope Markelle remembers these words once FA starts.. He needs to resign in team friendly conditions. Time to pay back. He’s earned a bag already because of how the Magic values are and under no circumstances he should earn anywhere near 10-15 mil.. 

Veteran minimum imo. Maybe 6-8 Mil max to keep him happy. 

But this is still just being sentimental. Why Should we allocate those funds to Markelle even if the whole team loves him when they can add a few million and possibly get someone who is already better at everything he does? It's been over 7 years, Markelle can't shoot and he hasn't turned into a passing savant nor a sublime inside presence. Yes the injuries, those darn injuries. Let's look at it this way, Isaac is injured more but when he is in the game he still has game changing skills. Does Markelle? What exactly does he do? Yes we won more games when he was healthy last year because this team had so many bad guards this decade Markelle is a slight upgrade. 

Time for a real upgrade.

Yes, the league and money make no sense anymore. Super old guys are looking for huge contracts when just fifteen years ago they would go to contenders for 8-15 million dollars. 

Make no mistake, after this year we are contenders if we spend the money in the right places. 

2 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Yeah, I’m more nervous than I should be about still winding up in the play-in. I think we just need to go 2-2 in the last 4 and we’ll be fine, but after tonight the Bucks (x2) and Sixers games are gonna be full on playoff games. Bucks tomorrow night where we’re banged up and on the 2nd night of a back to back is pretty much a penciled in L. 

The Bucks are also on the 2nd night of a back to back and are managing injuries to Middleton and Giannis so maybe we're both a bit banged up and it's less of a guarantee than you think? 

But I do agree we generally suck on the second night of back to backs even when healthy.