Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

this is a nice watch and it’s been a topic quite often. Mosley is a great defensive mind, a great players coach. Just give him a great offensive minded offensive coordinator and transform coaching. 

It’s not a shame to rely on an offensive coordinator. The NFL is used to this. 

So if i’m Mosley, i’m hiring a n OC and that coach will have the say in designing our offense in the offseason. Mosley will take lessons at the same time and master the OC principles. He is now in the knowledge to call shots in a game. 

Amd at the same time i don’t understand why an assistant can’t draw up plays? 

Basketball in general act like the coaches need to be great t both. But imo it’s difficult to be a great defensive minded coach and also focus on offensive strategies. 

The video above shows the beauty of concepts and X and Os, in the NBA. I feel like our team is so unselfish, it would be designed to thrive in a great offensive system. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Dejounte Murray might actually be underrated. Fantastic game winner vs the Celtics 

I wanted to trade for him at the deadline but read about the supposed beef with Palo. He would be just what this team needs, he has the ability to score, assist and play defense. Unfortunately that ship has sailed.

13 minutes ago, Spaceman said:

I wanted to trade for him at the deadline but read about the supposed beef with Palo. He would be just what this team needs, he has the ability to score, assist and play defense. Unfortunately that ship has sailed.

Not necessarily. Atlanta likely have to move on from one of Murray or Trae because it's not working with both of them together. 

(Id still prefer Trae honestly)

1 hour ago, Spaceman said:

He took 44 shots.. I need heavily investigation in his personality and if he’d be willing to play team ball and not f up any team chemistry 

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Not necessarily. Atlanta likely have to move on from one of Murray or Trae because it's not working with both of them together. 

(Id still prefer Trae honestly)

Same here 

Trae..Suggs..Franz..Paolo.. Isaac

12 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Dejounte Murray might actually be underrated. Fantastic game winner vs the Celtics 

I didn't wanted to be too repetitive, but not only yesterday, in the last few weeks he has been outstanding. Atlanta is playing a lot better and actually has a better record since Trae injury, actually a winning record that would gave them the playoffs. That's for everyone that is still considering Trae as a future option (already explained why I'm totally against that). I'm still on the train "we should have traded for a guard, possibly the same Murray last deadline". We could still do that in the future, but that was the right moment, and probably the lower price.

44 points on 44 shots is insane. Murray vs Trae is an interesting debate of which one I’d rather have. A Dejounte and Suggs perimeter defense duo would be nasty, but Trae would probably be the best passer we’ve had since… uhh.. I don’t even know.. Skiles? And he’d help with the spacing and congestion immensely. I guess my answer is I’d take either and smile about it lol

• Like 1

40 points on 44 shots is not good at all.

Trae is on a different level to Murray

Trae..Suggs..Franz..Paolo Isaac/WCJ

is winning championships

Instead of Kelle or AB or Cole taking 3s you have Trae WIDE OPEN... 

GAME OVER.. THE SPACING FOR PAOLO AND FRANZ WOULD BE OUTRAGEOUS 

50 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

40 points on 44 shots is not good at all.

Trae is on a different level to Murray

My comments were not about the last game but in general. Murray is shooting 46,4% on the season, same % than Banchero but from more outside. 36,6 on 3's on high volume is not bad either, easily better than anyone of our guards. You can also check the other stats like rebs and assists.

Maybe Trae stats are probably more enticing (his % are not), but the kind of player is not. You're so happy about the actual Magic roster, Trae would completely change all the chemistry. While I believe Murray would be a great fit. Other reasons why I don't like Trae at all were previously posted there:

Trae is exactly the type of PG we need if we trade for 1.

In saying that... AB is gonna be a absolute star so its all void

I love the idea that Trae Young is some selfish ball dominant guy (the guy with the 44% career assist%) because that's who he is and not because his best team mate in his entire career is Dejounte Murray, someone who fundamentally plays the same exact role as him (ball handling, scoring PG) but is worse at it. 

And yes Dejounte Murray is worse than Trae Young at being a PG on offense. This season is Murray's most efficient season by TS% in his career, comparatively Trae Young has been more efficient than this Murray season in all of his seasons but his rookie season. This season is a career high in PPG for Murray, again Trae beats that in all but his rookie season. Murray's career high in APG in a season is 9.2, again, you guessed it, Trae beats that in all but his rookie season. So Trae scores more, scores more efficiently and at the same time also sets up his teammates more frequently. 

And just in case you wanted to argue that Trae puts up empty stats and doesn't impact winning Trae has played more playoff games than Murray in less seasons played. He lead a team with these starters to the conference finals (and took the eventual NBA champions to six games): Trae Young/Bogdan Bogdanovic/Kevin Huerter/John Collins/Clint Capela. The only time Dejounte Murray has ever been a key player on a playoff team was when he played with Trae Young.