Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

10 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

The Magic has 11 games left in the regular season.

You all know that I am a huge, diehard Magic fan. Now hear me out.

In looking at the teams we play in the remaining 11 games of the regular season, my opinion is the Magic will lose 9 of them. Look at the schedule.

If the Magic players try to play iso instead of moving the ball around to find the open teammate, we are going to be in a lot of trouble. We need to play at a faster pace and make our free throws. Lastly, the coach needs to make better rotations.

Other teams are going to take advantage, scoring wise, if the Magic chuck too many 3s and they are not falling.

What do you think?      I HOPE WE WIN 9 GAMES OUT OF 11!

zP0hgv.png

I COULD BE PROVEN WRONG.....

BUT THE MAGIC AS THEY ARE, CAN PLAY AND DEFEAT ANYONE, ANYDAY, HOME OR AWAY.

I REALLY DON'T CARE IF WE ARE A TOP 4 OR TOP 6 SEED.

If you haven't watched the first 2 Mind the Game podcasts you owe it to yourself as a basketball fan. 

Magic fans specifically should watch the section at the end of episode 2 about inverted pick and roll because we're going to watch (and have already been watching) Paolo run it for the next decade. And it highlights just how lethal having a great movement shooter would be for our offense as a 2 man game with Paolo. 

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

If you haven't watched the first 2 Mind the Game podcasts you owe it to yourself as a basketball fan. 

Magic fans specifically should watch the section at the end of episode 2 about inverted pick and roll because we're going to watch (and have already been watching) Paolo run it for the next decade. And it highlights just how lethal having a great movement shooter would be for our offense as a 2 man game with Paolo. 

Was really nice to listen to! 

I hope Banchero ist listening too. Feel like he made strides to recognize double teams, but he still makes a lot of bad reads and turns the ball over.. 

And i hope Mosley listening too. We have the personal, we just need better X and Os going forward. 

12 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

Was really nice to listen to! 

I hope Banchero ist listening too. Feel like he made strides to recognize double teams, but he still makes a lot of bad reads and turns the ball over.. 

And i hope Mosley listening too. We have the personal, we just need better X and Os going forward. 

We've discussed this before iirc but personally I think the xs and os are fine and it's just the lack of offensive talent involved in the actions that makes them easier to guard than they otherwise would be. 

16 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

We've discussed this before iirc but personally I think the xs and os are fine and it's just the lack of offensive talent involved in the actions that makes them easier to guard than they otherwise would be. 

Not convinced.. I see no creativity in our playbook.. 

You mentioned the inverted pick and roll. 

Shoot, our team could become unguardable if we’d implement Zoom Action, Spanish pick and rolls and other concepts. 

We rarely see WCJ and Banchero in pick and roll action. 
Spanish pick and roll with Franz and Suggs, two great cutters. Some split screens with Suggs, dude is fast. 
Germany national team ran some horn action that would have been a nice concept for us. It’s similar to what JJ showed with The Knicks run with Hartenstein and Brunson. 

Spanish pick and roll with Franz/Paolo as the Ball handler is nearly impossible to guard. 

It’s getting better, but i’ve been on the record here calling out our dribble dribble dribble offense. Hence the turnovers 

Oh and that podcast has another debatable topic. Lebron and JJ were kind of ignorant on post plays. The post play might not exist in the NBA anymore, but in real basketball it’s still an important part of the game. 

Team USA learned the hard way in the world cup, as they weren’t aware of this. Kerr displayed some terrible coaching there. Team USA absolutely got abused by post up plays. 

Last game the Magic win if WCJ had any post game. Too many times a small player guarded him in the post, or WCJ passed the ball out of the paint when he was under the basket. Unfortunately only few players in the NBA can play in the post. But i’m going to bet that we will see it come back, just like we see the Midrange game come back. 

I believe our Magic number to clinch at least the 6 seed and avoid the play-in is 8. That’s a combination of Magic wins and Heat and Sixers losses. So, if we go 8-3 the rest of the way, even if the Heat and Sixers win out (which they won’t) we’re in the real tournament and don’t have to “earn” our spot. If we go 2-9 like TMF fears, we’re 100% gonna have to deal with the play-in

Last night game against GS not encouraging as the first game of those 11.  Let’s see if they can get back on track after two very disappointing games, or if their shortcomings will be revealed causing them to wilt in higher intensity games.  

Mods, can you please pin the poll I generated about the Magic's record for the 11 games remaining this season?

I don't know why anyone thought the Magic would beat the Warriors. They beat us without their best defender at center. The Warriors won without hot-headed Draymond after he was ejected from the game.

Of the 11 remaining teams, there are several fighting to make the playoffs or play-ins.

BY THE WAY: I FORGOT TO INCLUDE 6-5 IN THE POLL. I EDITED AND INSERTED AT THE BOTTOM OF THE POLL.

7 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Last night game against GS not encouraging as the first game of those 11.  Let’s see if they can get back on track after two very disappointing games, or if their shortcomings will be revealed causing them to wilt in higher intensity games.  

The last 4 losses put a spotlight on just how thin our backcourt is. Harris out the last 2 and Suggs out the 2 losses to New York and Indy. It’s why most of us were so upset for sitting stagnant at the trade deadline. Markelle was horrible again last night but people are afraid to say it because he’s an awesome dude and we all feel bad for him. Behind that AB is too raw, and Cole and Suggs are way too inconsistent. I still can’t believe a pro basketball team had a quarter where they shot 3-22 from the field… insane

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1