Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

56 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

The Clippers been dropping games. Lost to the Sixers and now the Pacers. Very unfortunate for us. 

They'll probably turn around and demolish us on Friday too. 

Donte DiVincenzo is really, really good. Even better than I expected him to be.

Not just a shooter, either. Has a great layup package, as the kids like to say

2 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

3 full days off between games this time of year is brutal. Hope the Heat/Warriors game goes into triple OT tonight 

yeah  rough sitting here watching others win  :(

The Magic has 11 games left in the regular season.

You all know that I am a huge, diehard Magic fan. Now hear me out.

In looking at the teams we play in the remaining 11 games of the regular season, my opinion is the Magic will lose 9 of them. Look at the schedule.

If the Magic players try to play iso instead of moving the ball around to find the open teammate, we are going to be in a lot of trouble. We need to play at a faster pace and make our free throws. Lastly, the coach needs to make better rotations.

Other teams are going to take advantage, scoring wise, if the Magic chuck too many 3s and they are not falling.

What do you think?      I HOPE WE WIN 9 GAMES OUT OF 11!

zP0hgv.png

20 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

In looking at the teams we play in the remaining 11 games of the regular season, my opinion is the Magic will lose 9 of them. Look at the schedule.

If the Magic players try to play iso instead of moving the ball around to find the open teammate, we are going to be in a lot of trouble. We need to play at a faster pace and make our free throws. Lastly, the coach needs to make better rotations.

Other teams are going to take advantage, scoring wise, if the Magic chuck too many 3s and they are not falling.

zP0hgv.png

im guessing 6-5   lose the next 2 and the last 3     win in between     but could easily be 9-2 or 2-9   depends who who shows up

3 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

zP0hgv.png

you’ve been occasionally trippin truemagicfan. And you are again.. No way, we loose 9 out of those 11.. 

We have a good chance to win against the Warriors. They can’t match our bigs, and at the same time we’ve been chasing three point shooters better. Also they on a back to back. So if we manage to play the high intensity we showed against the pelicans, we are in good shape. 

The Clippers, i actually don’t know. Their effort on defense has been really bad. And i have a theory too. Ever since the NBA has decided to change the way they officiate these games, the clippers have been struggling. They ain’t getting those touch calls anymore. I’m also calling out Kawhi here. He’s one of those physical guys, that as a defender you weren’t even allowed to touch. Things changed. 

I see our chances 

And yeah, after that it’s sub .500 teams. I can see us winning 3 out of the next 4.. 

depending on how the other teams perform, this could be the most important stretch to avoid the play in..

2-9 is insane doomer stuff. We're a better team than Memphis, Portland, Charlotte and Chicago. If we take care of business that should be 4 wins minimum. Then I'd fancy us to pick up at least a couple more wins from the rest. 6-5 is a reasonable prediction and still feels like it might be selling this team short. 

Side note: I'm rooting for Milwaukee. If they've got the 2 seed sewn up that last week we might be playing bench lineups in those 2 games. They're kind of blowing it right now though...

I’m gonna go with 7-4 the rest of the way with 6-5 more likely than 8-3. Lose one of the next two, in Houston and in New Orleans, and one of the last 3. CT you bring up a great point about hoping Milwaukee has clinched the 2 before those games, would be nice!

7 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I’m gonna go with 7-4 the rest of the way with 6-5 more likely than 8-3. Lose one of the next two, in Houston and in New Orleans, and one of the last 3. CT you bring up a great point about hoping Milwaukee has clinched the 2 before those games, would be nice!

i’m also at 7-4

The Sixers play 

@ Clippers

vs Cavs

vs Raptors

@ OKC

vs Heat

i can see a scenario were that game against the Sixers won’t matter much to them  because theyll be set in the play in and they’d sit Maxey 

The Heat also have quite a tough schedule coming up

@ Blazers

vs Wizards

@ Knicks

@ Sixers

vs Rockets

vs Pacers

vs Hawks

@ Mavs

The Pacers go like this

vs Bulls

@ Lakers

@ Nets

vs Nets

@ OKC

@ Heat

vs Raptors

vs Cavs

@ Hawks

The Pacers can go on a run here if they win the next two. 

Overall, i like our chances. The other teams don’t have too easy schedules.