Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

9 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

The Brooklyn Nets lost  101 - 86 to Minnesota last night (Saturday night). Their record is 21-35 and it looks like they may not make the playoffs.

Can the Nets conduct a buyout of Cam Johnson so that he can become available to the Magic at a cheaper price?

Edit: Cam played 22 minutes in that game and scored 10 pts. off the bench.

No but I would keep my eye on Bridges this summer and that team in general. I just can’t figure out what they should do moving forward with non of their own draft picks.  They could be sellers this summer or try to trade their other picks from other teams  for a good player. 

Issac and Banchero questionable for tomorrow        i saw Futz take a tumble and come up holding his knee    Encouraged that he is not on the list     If they are going to use him with second unit, they need to give him more minutes so that they can get used to each other.   Otherwise start him or bench him, lol

2 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Knicks survive the Pistons with a last second shot (sound familiar)? Pacers blow one to the lowly Raptors in Indiana 

And the Heat beat the Kings in Sacramento without Jimmy Butler, Tyler Herro, and Terry Rozier. I swear Spo is into dark magic or something. It doesn’t make sense how much he gets out of average rosters so consistently.

7 hours ago, harryfromphilly said:

Issac and Banchero questionable for tomorrow        i saw Futz take a tumble and come up holding his knee    Encouraged that he is not on the list     If they are going to use him with second unit, they need to give him more minutes so that they can get used to each other.   Otherwise start him or bench him, lol

I think who you start at PG is dependent on who you start at PF. If you play WCJ/Goga you can't start Fultz because you can't have 2 non shooters in the lineup but if you go with Okeke/WCJ it makes more sense to start Fultz over AB. Fultz really didn't seem like a good fit with that bench unit against Atlanta. 

East from 4-8 is just going to be about who can string a run of wins together. 3 games separate everyone.

I'm scared Miami will do the whole "ok, ASB is out of the way, time to take this seriously now" they're 5-1 in their last 6 and the 1 was a close loss to the Celtics. 

I really hope we can avoid the play in though and snag that 6 seed. (Mostly because the 7th or 8th seed means a world where we could play the Hawks in the play in)

our problem is. We can beat about anybody, but at the same time we can lose against anybody!

So what is it going to be going forward? 

The contending teams are pulling out Ws right now. The remaining schedules of these teams. 

Pacers:

Pelicans, Pelicans, Spurs, Mavs, Wolves, Magic, OKC, Bulls, Nets, Cavs, Pistons, Warriors, Lakers, Clippers, Bulls, Lakers, Nets, Nets, OKC, Heat, Raptors, Cavs, Hawks,

Philly:

Celtics, Hornets, Mavs, Nets, Grizzlies, Pelicans, Knicks, Knicks, Bucks, Hornets, Heat, Suns, Lakers, Clippers, Kings, Clippers, Cabs, Raptors, OKC, Heat, Grizzlies, Spurs, Pistons, Magic, Nets

Im not even looking to compete with the Knicks or Heat for the spot right now, as i think they are too resilient.  So can we beat these two teams out of that 6th spot. On paper they have a pretty tough schedule. But how the NBA is, it’s going to depend on load management down the road. Will those teams face Clippers, Lakers when they are loaded or will they sit players? Also Sixers might have a great winning streak towards the end, as those teams could be actively tanking for the best odds..