Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

6 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I guess my 10,000th post is thanking you for the kind words. 

Literally didn't know such a milestone was coming up and honestly I'm wondering how much time I've spent on this board to have posted 10k times and feeling very old all of a sudden (the crazy thing is for the 10k posts there's probably another 1k posts I got half way through typing and then thought "nah this is getting too long no one will read this" or "I'm just not getting into this argument again" lol).

On the good and bad years, I actually joined this board the summer we traded Dwight. So the good years have been slim pickings haha. I'm looking forward to them now though. 

Thanks for all the good information you provide. Your definitely one of the best posters on here.  

• Like 1

8 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Thanks, CT. I didn't understand how playing in the G League worked (guys being sent back and forth to the NBA team that acquired them). I was just wondering about it. I thought maybe they were compensated by giving them free housing and ham sammiches while they developed--like a bootcamp. /just kidding.

But I was serious when I asked the question. Thanks again.

Hi Fan, just wanted to pass this bit on.

I had a friend who's husband was in the minor leagues of baseball. And though not quite as dire as room and board,

he was paid very little, certainly not enough to live on.   SO I guess the NBA is doing it better.

2 caveats

1) this was about 20 years ago, so maybe its better now?

2) i dont know what level of minor league player he was. Maybe AAA is better?

32 minutes ago, MagicMan1979 said:

Thanks for all the good information you provide. Your definitely one of the best posters on here.  

I appreciate that.

On 2/22/2024 at 2:04 AM, CTMagicUK said:

Literally didn't know such a milestone was coming up and honestly I'm wondering how much time I've spent on this board to have posted 10k times and feeling very old all of a sudden (the crazy thing is for the 10k posts there's probably another 1k posts I got half way through typing and then thought "nah this is getting too long no one will read this" or "I'm just not getting into this argument again" lol).

On the good and bad years, I actually joined this board the summer we traded Dwight. So the good years have been slim pickings haha. I'm looking forward to them now though. 

Adding my congratulations,  CT.  I also find your posts informative and well reasoned. 

2 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Adding my congratulations,  CT.  I also find your posts informative and well reasoned. 

Appreciated :)

(Triple post, this is how I got to 10k posts, talking to myself lol)

The Thunder have waived Aleksej Pokusevski. I had that guy unreasonably high on my 2020 draft board lol 

• Like 1

On 2/22/2024 at 2:04 AM, CTMagicUK said:

We're all old. lol. I remember posting about the Chris Paul / Jameel Nelson trades back in 2010. That's when I started coming here - back when the forum was actually linked on the Orlando Magic's official website. 

Excited to be here with ya when we get that championship. I know it's going to happen one of these seasons. 

5 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

We're all old. lol. I remember posting about the Chris Paul / Jameel Nelson trades back in 2010. That's when I started coming here - back when the forum was actually linked on the Orlando Magic's official website. 

Excited to be here with ya when we get that championship. I know it's going to happen one of these seasons. 

I certainly hope so. Hopefully it's not another 10 years from now lol

• Like 1

5 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Belated congratulations CT! I’m new to the board family, but in my short time i enjoyed our magic and draft talk! 

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Boo the 76ers and Heat winning. 

No kidding   this is the second or third time this has happened.   We get an unexpected win, and the teams we are trying to move up on,

who were both underdogs, also win. Very frustrating   I think the refs must have said "oh no, we cant let orlando move up"  lol

either that or we forgot to sacrifice AB's hair to the basketball gods  :)