Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Saw more insiders linking us to interest in Klay Thompson this off-season 

I'm convinced only a select handful of people actually have "insider" information and everyone else just makes up anonymous sources. Klay will retire as a Warrior. His knees are gone and with it, his jump shot. 

49 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

I'm convinced only a select handful of people actually have "insider" information and everyone else just makes up anonymous sources. Klay will retire as a Warrior. His knees are gone and with it, his jump shot. 

I’m sure it’s being leaked by his camp for more cash, but I do respect the 2 reporters I’ve seen leak it. Shams and Marc Spears

10 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I feel sorry for the guys in the g-league. Do they get paid?

Yes. Jett is still getting paid his full salary. The two way guys (Queen, Harris, Schofield) make half a million a season. Exhibit 10 guys (guys who were with us for preseason and then went to the G league, so like Matt McClung etc) get a bonus that can be up to 75k from the Exhibit 10 contract and then their G league salary on top. The standard, I believe flat, G league salary is 40.5k for the 5 month season. 

Also worth noting a lot of G league guys could go overseas and make more money (the average euro league salary is like 400+k a year but some guys make legitimately more than an NBA minimum salary) but being in the US means they can be signed to 10 day contracts which could help them get full contracts and the real money. Plus there are obviously family/culture reasons to stay in the US.

Long story short, no need to feel sorry for them. 

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Yes. Jett is still getting paid his full salary. The two way guys (Queen, Harris, Schofield) make half a million a season. Exhibit 10 guys (guys who were with us for preseason and then went to the G league, so like Matt McClung etc) get a bonus that can be up to 75k from the Exhibit 10 contract and then their G league salary on top. The standard, I believe flat, G league salary is 40.5k for the 5 month season. 

Also worth noting a lot of G league guys could go overseas and make more money (the average euro league salary is like 400+k a year but some guys make legitimately more than an NBA minimum salary) but being in the US means they can be signed to 10 day contracts which could help them get full contracts and the real money. Plus there are obviously family/culture reasons to stay in the US.

I'd just like to congratulate CTMagicUK on now having 9,999 posts. His next post gets him to 10,000, and it's a real milestone to get to 10,000 posts on any board.

Appreciate your professionalism, your years of insight and thoughtful dialogue, and your dedication to sticking with this board - and this team - through the good and (many) bad years. Cheers to you and I look forward to up-voting whatever your 10,000th comment is here. 

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

I'd just like to congratulate CTMagicUK on now having 9,999 posts. His next post gets him to 10,000, and it's a real milestone to get to 10,000 posts on any board.

Appreciate your professionalism, your years of insight and thoughtful dialogue, and your dedication to sticking with this board - and this team - through the good and (many) bad years. Cheers to you and I look forward to up-voting whatever your 10,000th comment is here. 

+1. Appreciate you, CT!

14 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Thanks, CT. I didn't understand how playing in the G League worked (guys being sent back and forth to the NBA team that acquired them). I was just wondering about it. I thought maybe they were compensated by giving them free housing and ham sammiches while they developed--like a bootcamp. /just kidding.

But I was serious when I asked the question. Thanks again.

5 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

I guess my 10,000th post is thanking you for the kind words. 

Literally didn't know such a milestone was coming up and honestly I'm wondering how much time I've spent on this board to have posted 10k times and feeling very old all of a sudden (the crazy thing is for the 10k posts there's probably another 1k posts I got half way through typing and then thought "nah this is getting too long no one will read this" or "I'm just not getting into this argument again" lol).

On the good and bad years, I actually joined this board the summer we traded Dwight. So the good years have been slim pickings haha. I'm looking forward to them now though. 

• Upvote 6