Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

47 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

Clutch Points: “He’s shown still, that he can be Klay Thompson…I would expect both Florida teams, both LA teams [to show interest]…he’s gonna test the marketplace.” Shams Charania on Klay’s future with the Warriors (via @PatMcafeeShow) pic.twitter.com/UKzHrtzQEm

i’m not sure how these other teams could afford Klay in FA, but it is interesting that we are mentioned.. I also don’t believe Klay would sign in Orlando

Sounds like the perfect Magic signing. A star on the back side of their career. 35 years old next year. Had 20 points twice in the last ten.

No Thanks. 

19 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Sounds like the perfect Magic signing. A star on the back side of their career. 35 years old next year. Had 20 points twice in the last ten.

No Thanks. 

Agreed. This summer is our last chance for a while to take advantage of our cap space and potentially add a third star. Franz will be due for a max soon and Paolo close after that. 

28 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Agreed. This summer is our last chance for a while to take advantage of our cap space and potentially add a third star. Franz will be due for a max soon and Paolo close after that. 

what star would you look to add?

Understanding the new CBA better, next year certainly is the last major off season in a while for us.. 

Unlike i believed before, we can add a max player, no problem right now. We are not near being a tax team and our team is loaded on assets. 

Also 2nd round picks are going to be really valuable. With the new CBA, Jalen Brunson would have still been a Dallas player as you can guarantee 4-5 years on deals. 

36 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

what star would you look to add?

Understanding the new CBA better, next year certainly is the last major off season in a while for us.. 

Unlike i believed before, we can add a max player, no problem right now. We are not near being a tax team and our team is loaded on assets. 

Also 2nd round picks are going to be really valuable. With the new CBA, Jalen Brunson would have still been a Dallas player as you can guarantee 4-5 years on deals. 

Honestly, I don’t love the free agent class this year. Maybe Monk, maybe Jrue if he opts out. Or maybe we swing a trade for a disgruntled star on an underachieving team. It should be a fun off-season… should be… lol

Scott Henderson is looking so good during the Rising Stars Game. Paolo is looking okay - clearly not taking it that seriously, at least on Defense. 

I get that it's a fun game, but it's always nice seeing guys come out and trying to play some defense because every point counts. Paolo's team started 9-0 and got complacent to not play D and went down 17-16 which led to their loss.

"Jordan Hawkins is a bucket" has been said multiple times. The guy has a GREAT offensive feel and is a really smooth shooter. I remember a lot of guys here wanted him and I can see why. 

18 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

You are taking it way to personal with Markelle. I don’t believe anybody is hating him. For the most part, i’ve only seen quite positive comments. 

It’s a fact that something went completely wrong with Markelle this season. He isn’t the same. It’s a fact! My theory is that Markelle and the Magic are hiding that his tos acted up again! That mistery knew injury was BS. 

As for me, i’m on the record saying that we need to resign him. It’s just that he, with his limitations, ain’t a starter in this league. I’m sorry for him. 

On top of that, his strengths only make a difference for us if he handles the ball. With our starting lineup, it’s not the way we play. 

He is not the root of our struggles, but definitely part of the problem right now. Otherwise he’d definitely finish these games! 

The root problem is, and i agree with you on this, is how careless we turn the ball over. Paolo and Franz struggle as playmakers, don’t do this ball handling naturally.

Our goal must be to upgrade here. I changed my approach, also due to your intervention on the shooting topic.. 

Ideally we trade for Trae and also add Monk in FA!! I think we can pull that off

Holic …I was done with Marquelle last week …trade deadline been over for a week now …All Eyes took a post about Banchero in which I was truly stupefied by the numbers and wondered if someone could explain it and turned it back to Fultz again …I was happy at the trade deadline unlike most …like someone posted on deadline day …it was like Junkie and Jay versus everyone jajaja …hate is a strong word …traded fits better is the term most often used with Fultz and well I hope my post exhibited that our problems are much more than Fultz .

Now …moving forward …the players we have now is what we’ll have to seasons end …how do we maximize the personnel to our best benefit and that will give us the greatest chance for post season success ?

Everybody thought SVG and Otis Smith were idiots for not signing a true power forward back in the day …but he signed first Turk and then added Rashad …people thought what the hell ??? …He then proceeded to revolutionize basketball by playing the 4 out Dwight on the inside thing …was thing of beauty we almost won a Ship .

As a team we suck shooting 3’s but individually we have guys that can shoot it …WCJ at 40 …Suggs at 38 …Banchero at 37 and I’m pretty sure you saw that shooting exhibition he put on against the Knicks …point being he can shoot …the mystifying one is Franz at 32 but you look at his form it’s a thing of beauty .

If Fultz is our only true PG what is the best way in your opinion to maximize our potential ? You mention above about the root cause of our problem being our studs struggling with playmaking …why can’t we let Fultz run the show since he’s very adept at not turning it over and play some sort of 4 out with Fultz making decisions and running things ? Isolate some pick and roll with him and someone else on one side of the floor ? 

Point being we do have shooters they just need to be more consistent …Fultz is what he is ….cause I read the data suggests if we are jacking up loads of threes that’s not shown to be a route of success for us so far.

Anywho …what do you think ? What would you do ? Our coaching staff should be on it right now coming up with new and different schemes because our offensive efficiency is not good .

Edit: Shooting wise Trae fits but him being ball dominant does not fit …you know I like Monk he’s a UK kid duh lol 

2 hours ago, ball junkie said:

Holic …I was done with Marquelle last week …trade deadline been over for a week now …All Eyes took a post about Banchero in which I was truly stupefied by the numbers and wondered if someone could explain it and turned it back to Fultz again …I was happy at the trade deadline unlike most …like someone posted on deadline day …it was like Junkie and Jay versus everyone jajaja …hate is a strong word …traded fits better is the term most often used with Fultz and well I hope my post exhibited that our problems are much more than Fultz .

Now …moving forward …the players we have now is what we’ll have to seasons end …how do we maximize the personnel to our best benefit and that will give us the greatest chance for post season success ?

Everybody thought SVG and Otis Smith were idiots for not signing a true power forward back in the day …but he signed first Turk and then added Rashad …people thought what the hell ??? …He then proceeded to revolutionize basketball by playing the 4 out Dwight on the inside thing …was thing of beauty we almost won a Ship .

As a team we suck shooting 3’s but individually we have guys that can shoot it …WCJ at 40 …Suggs at 38 …Banchero at 37 and I’m pretty sure you saw that shooting exhibition he put on against the Knicks …point being he can shoot …the mystifying one is Franz at 32 but you look at his form it’s a thing of beauty .

If Fultz is our only true PG what is the best way in your opinion to maximize our potential ? You mention above about the root cause of our problem being our studs struggling with playmaking …why can’t we let Fultz run the show since he’s very adept at not turning it over and play some sort of 4 out with Fultz making decisions and running things ? Isolate some pick and roll with him and someone else on one side of the floor ? 

Point being we do have shooters they just need to be more consistent …Fultz is what he is ….cause I read the data suggests if we are jacking up loads of threes that’s not shown to be a route of success for us so far.

Anywho …what do you think ? What would you do ? Our coaching staff should be on it right now coming up with new and different schemes because our offensive efficiency is not good .

Edit: Shooting wise Trae fits but him being ball dominant does not fit …you know I like Monk he’s a UK kid duh lol 

Turk was already here and we lucked into that lineup.  Lewis was supposed to be our SF but Battie got hurt and it all worked out.  

Paolo in his last ten games is averaging 25 Pts 6 Rebs 7 Assist with only 2.3 Turnovers. He also is shooting 52% from the field and 43% on threes. 

Franz in his last ten games is averaging 23 Pts 5 Rebs 5 Assist with only 2.1 Turnovers. He also is shooting 51% from the field and 36% on threes. 

I am not worried about their play making or turnovers this year. Obviously  this year is a developmental year as we didn’t make a move for a shooter via trade.  I am not sure what the coaching staff can do with the current personal to change the offense much but we are good defensively.  I don’t think increasing Fultz usage is the way to go as it takes away from our two studs development. They both have improved with playmaking as the year as gone along as you can see. Hopefully Fultz just gets healthier and can contribute organically. 

1 hour ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

8a65Px.png

I found this on TNT this afternoon. What does it mean?

It means we either won by more than the oddsmakers said we would, won when they said we would lose, or lost by less than they predicted. If they predicted us to lose by 10, and we lost by 7 or won, then we beat the spread. If they predict us winning by 10 and we win by 12, we beat the spread. 

15 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

It means we either won by more than the oddsmakers said we would, won when they said we would lose, or lost by less than they predicted. If they predicted us to lose by 10, and we lost by 7 or won, then we beat the spread. If they predict us winning by 10 and we win by 12, we beat the spread. 

Thanks, jmmagicfan. So since the Magic's name is at the top of the list, does that mean the Magic did better than the other teams listed (or the entire league) in beating the spread?