Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

4 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Let me be clear on my stance on Markelle. If he’s willing to stay around for a long term like $8-10 mill a year contract playing backup PG, I’m all for it. We can tailor our bench unit to surround him with shooters when he’s on the floor. The issue I have is with him being the long term plan at starting point guard. His play style just doesn’t bring out the best in our superstars. Franz and Paolo are already both excellent distributors for their age and both are most effective as being ball dominant. We need someone playing with them that is more off-ball than your traditional PGs and is a threat to hit some spot up 3s. Kelle is only giving us 15-18 minutes a game anyway, not finishing games in the 2nd half and not playing in back to backs, I think he’d even be more comfortable in a backup role.

DJ Augustin might have come too early. He’s probably the perfect one you are looking for. Or even Jameer

I checked some numbers …we are ranked 23 out of 30 teams in to’s …our two studs lead the way …Suggs, Banchero and Franz take nearly 15 threes a game …I wish it was more because for the Magic to take a leap we need shooting …more makes …

Regardless  of who the PG is …our offense efficiency is ranked 24 out of 30 teams …we’ve tried a myriad of different lineups and PG’s …Fultz has played only 21 out of a possible 55 games …17 games since he returned after Christmas …and only 11 games as a starter in which we are 7-4 with some very nice wins over highly ranked competition …point being it’s hard to blame our poor offensive numbers on a guy who hasn’t played much and who is still a net positive when he’s on the court .

Does he pass up shots ? Yes …Is he hesitant ? Yes … but the jury is still out .

Let me be clear on Markel …it is to early, which I’ve been saying like a broken record to make assumption's and decisions about him and our personnel for next season at this time …there are still 27 games left in this regular season 

I thought all the trade talk at the deadline was ridiculous …didn’t see one substantial rumor with him specifically mentioned just writers seeing our poor shooting and trying to connect dots .

Mohs will continue to experiment with lineups moving forward I feel certain in saying that .

Finally I think winning and a successful season will drive management decisions in terms of personnel …I feel like I’ve bruised the moderators feelings for stating I thought they were leading the charge in scapegoating this teams issues on Marquelle Fultz …for that I want to apologize .

Looking forward to watching the rest of the season and I’m certain management will watch keenly themselves and all will know what decisions need to be made by seasons end .

• Upvote 2

2 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

I checked some numbers …we are ranked 23 out of 30 teams in to’s …our two studs lead the way …Suggs, Banchero and Franz take nearly 15 threes a game …I wish it was more because for the Magic to take a leap we need shooting …more makes …

Regardless  of who the PG is …our offense efficiency is ranked 24 out of 30 teams …we’ve tried a myriad of different lineups and PG’s …Fultz has played only 21 out of a possible 55 games …17 games since he returned after Christmas …and only 11 games as a starter in which we are 7-4 with some very nice wins over highly ranked competition …point being it’s hard to blame our poor offensive numbers on a guy who hasn’t played much and who is still a net positive when he’s on the court .

Let me be clear on Markel …it is to early, which I’ve been saying like a broken record to make assumption's and decisions about him and our personnel for next season at this time …there are still 27 games left in this regular season 

I thought all the trade talk at the deadline was ridiculous …didn’t see one substantial rumor with him specifically mentioned just writers seeing our poor shooting and trying to connect dots .

Mohs will continue to experiment with lineups moving forward I feel certain in saying that .

Finally I think winning and a successful season will drive management decisions in terms of personnel …I feel like I’ve bruised the moderators feelings for stating I thought they were leading the charge in scapegoating this teams issues on Marquelle Fultz …for that I want to apologize .

Looking forward to watching the rest of the season and I’m certain management will watch keenly themselves and all will know what decisions need to be made by seasons end .

Great post Junkie. Go Magic and enjoy Paolo at The All Star Weekend everybody!

31 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

This straw man argument that Fultz is the cause of all our problems keeps coming up.  Absolutely nobody is saying that.  The simple point that some of us believe is that our guard play, and particularly point guard play, is not as good as it needs to be.  Whether Fultz is in the lineup or out of the lineup, the same problem still exists.  

• Upvote 3

5 hours ago, JJZFL said:

This straw man argument that Fultz is the cause of all our problems keeps coming up.  Absolutely nobody is saying that.  The simple point that some of us believe is that our guard play, and particularly point guard play, is not as good as it needs to be.  Whether Fultz is in the lineup or out of the lineup, the same problem still exists.  

Not to mention the idea that we need more shooting so the guys 1st, 2nd and 3rd on the team in 3PA should shoot more to accommodate the PG who's made 1 3 all season. 

6 hours ago, ball junkie said:

You are taking it way to personal with Markelle. I don’t believe anybody is hating him. For the most part, i’ve only seen quite positive comments. 

It’s a fact that something went completely wrong with Markelle this season. He isn’t the same. It’s a fact! My theory is that Markelle and the Magic are hiding that his tos acted up again! That mistery knew injury was BS. 

As for me, i’m on the record saying that we need to resign him. It’s just that he, with his limitations, ain’t a starter in this league. I’m sorry for him. 

On top of that, his strengths only make a difference for us if he handles the ball. With our starting lineup, it’s not the way we play. 

He is not the root of our struggles, but definitely part of the problem right now. Otherwise he’d definitely finish these games! 

The root problem is, and i agree with you on this, is how careless we turn the ball over. Paolo and Franz struggle as playmakers, don’t do this ball handling naturally.

Our goal must be to upgrade here. I changed my approach, also due to your intervention on the shooting topic.. 

Ideally we trade for Trae and also add Monk in FA!! I think we can pull that off

Magic squad 2024-25

PG: T. Young, Fultz, T. Queen

SG: Suggs, Monk, K. Harris

SF: F. Wagner, Oubre, Houstan

PF: Banchero, Isaac, 2nd round pick

C: WCJ, M. Wagner, 2nd round pick (Ware)

(I believe Bitadze will be too expensive for us going forward)

if we don’t decide to trade big, i’d just add Tyus Jones and Monk and go to the draft

Clutch Points: “He’s shown still, that he can be Klay Thompson…I would expect both Florida teams, both LA teams [to show interest]…he’s gonna test the marketplace.” Shams Charania on Klay’s future with the Warriors (via @PatMcafeeShow) pic.twitter.com/UKzHrtzQEm

i’m not sure how these other teams could afford Klay in FA, but it is interesting that we are mentioned.. I also don’t believe Klay would sign in Orlando

17 hours ago, Forumreader said:

ufc 298 

Yes, great title fight between Volkanovski and Topuria.

And Premier League for the footy fans. Brentford vs Liverpool, Tottenham vs Wolverhampton, Man City vs Chelsea should all be very entertaining