Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

I have no idea what Isaac is on offense or if he will ever sustain even a 20-minute rotation role. No one does. Can he hit enough 3s to stay on the floor in the playoffs for an Orlando Magic team already light on shooting? Why does it feel like an adventure every time he dribbles?

But holy hell can this guy defend. He is smothering. His combination of size, speed, length and hops should not be possible. You feel visceral distress watching some poor player -- it might be a point guard or a center -- bust out fake after fake trying to open an inch of separation from Isaac. Nothing works. The guy can barely see around Isaac. It's like playing against your reflection, only your reflection is bigger and meaner than you.

Isaac's minutes are up since his return from (another) injury. He even played in a back-to-back -- and started the second leg! (The Magic pulled him after eight minutes as a precaution, but still!)

And more intriguing, we are finally glimpsing some of the weirdo lineups Isaac's skill set unlocks. We have seen the ginormous group of Franz Wagner, Isaac, Paolo Banchero and Wendell Carter Jr. together with a point guard. Orlando has also tried Isaac as small-ball center alongside Banchero, Franz Wagner and two guards. I am dying to see what those lineups can do -- how they function on offense and all the schematic possibilities Isaac opens up on defense. Fingers crossed for good health!

By all means you guys go back to your trade ideas lol …I keep saying nobody has any idea what this team can do when healthy 

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/39430407/lowe-why-nba-scoring-awesome-kawhi-latest-trade-buzz

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

I have no idea what Isaac is on offense or if he will ever sustain even a 20-minute rotation role. No one does. Can he hit enough 3s to stay on the floor in the playoffs for an Orlando Magic team already light on shooting? Why does it feel like an adventure every time he dribbles?

But holy hell can this guy defend. He is smothering. His combination of size, speed, length and hops should not be possible. You feel visceral distress watching some poor player -- it might be a point guard or a center -- bust out fake after fake trying to open an inch of separation from Isaac. Nothing works. The guy can barely see around Isaac. It's like playing against your reflection, only your reflection is bigger and meaner than you.

Isaac's minutes are up since his return from (another) injury. He even played in a back-to-back -- and started the second leg! (The Magic pulled him after eight minutes as a precaution, but still!)

And more intriguing, we are finally glimpsing some of the weirdo lineups Isaac's skill set unlocks. We have seen the ginormous group of Franz Wagner, Isaac, Paolo Banchero and Wendell Carter Jr. together with a point guard. Orlando has also tried Isaac as small-ball center alongside Banchero, Franz Wagner and two guards. I am dying to see what those lineups can do -- how they function on offense and all the schematic possibilities Isaac opens up on defense. Fingers crossed for good health!

By all means you guys go back to your trade ideas lol …I keep saying nobody has any idea what this team can do when healthy 

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/39430407/lowe-why-nba-scoring-awesome-kawhi-latest-trade-buzz

When healthy and J.I can play 25 to 30mins a game we are gonna be nearly unbeatable if we hit 3s and free throws 

Our defence with J.I becomes formidable. 

He is gonna get healthy and stay healthy but we are gonna handle this situation correctly for once 

Cannot wait till the day i am over in Orlando watching the boys get our first championship. ITS GONNA BE BETTER THAN I CAN EVEN IMAGINE!!!

1 hour ago, ball junkie said:

It’s weirdo behavior bashing platform members for being excited about the trade deadline. It’s the most exciting time of the season, especially when you’re in our position of fringe playoffs and have pretty obvious needs and pretty awesome assets. Nobody has any idea what this team can do when healthy because this team being healthy consistently is not something that some of our core players can accomplish. I’m a diehard fan today and I’ll be a diehard fan on Thursday afternoon after the deadline even if we don’t do a thing. I’d just be disappointed to not cash in on assets that have value now and won’t in a week.

• Upvote 1

7 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

It’s weirdo behavior bashing platform members for being excited about the trade deadline. It’s the most exciting time of the season, especially when you’re in our position of fringe playoffs and have pretty obvious needs and pretty awesome assets. Nobody has any idea what this team can do when healthy because this team being healthy consistently is not something that some of our core players can accomplish. I’m a diehard fan today and I’ll be a diehard fan on Thursday afternoon after the deadline even if we don’t do a thing. I’d just be disappointed to not cash in on assets that have value now and won’t in a week.

Also, literally nobody is putting Jonathan Isaac into the trade machine on this board. So why does a Jonathan Isaac write up by Zach Lowe prove that we shouldn't make a trade?

• Upvote 2

Im going to use the chance and give kudos to the fo and coach Mosley!

I believe, Paolo is a great player. But i also believe it’s pretty amazing what the coach and the fo accomplished to give Paolo the opportunity to be an All Star! 

They created an environment where Paolo learned how to be an All Star, and doing so playing the right way! He isn’t a chucked like others have been in the past. He’s not a stat chaser. He doesn’t care for that. 

And i also believe and i’d bet a lot, to say that Paolo would t be an All Star playing for Houston for example. 

So again! Big accomplishment by Mosley for his players coach abilities! 

Ok, enough of the praising speech. Now get Mosley an OC assistant and make this team better at the deadline and bring in Simons or Murray already. I’m willing to settle for D Lo.

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Weird one because I think Minnesota are a horrible matchup for us. And they've blown us out once already. 

But the general vibe after San Antonio was that we weren't satisfied despite the win, so it'll be interesting to see how motivated we look.

In fairness they blew us out when we were missing half our team, with Houstan and Okeke and Goga in the starting lineup. 

Having said that I have no idea how to assess this game either.  We could stay competitive and maybe steal a win, or we could get blown out again.  

Latest rumors are linking us to Flop Lowry (barf) or CP3.. I’d rather just play AB.

I feel like if Cole wasn’t a poison pill he’d be the one most likely to be dealt. That dude has lost all his confidence 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Latest rumors are linking us to Flop Lowry (barf) or CP3..

This is per Matt Moore (who?) of The Action Network (again, who?) so hopefully total nonsense. But true or false it's gross. 

• Upvote 1

1 minute ago, CTMagicUK said:

This is per Matt Moore (who?) of The Action Network (again, who?) so hopefully total nonsense. But true or false it's gross. 

Matt’s legit out here covering the Nuggets, also a good follow on Twitter @hpbasketball, but yeah no idea how he’s tied in to the Magic more than anyone else and that’s the first I’ve heard of either of these guys.