Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

We are making the playoffs this year! Most definitely!

But the season showed us that Mosley needs a help from another coach! It’s not a shame.

We should try to get Adrian Griffin. I think he fits this team too. The All Star break is a great time to include him.

Trade deadline is 1 week from today. We’re 25-23, tied in 7th with the bad guys down south. 2.5 GB of the Pacers for the 6th seed to keep us out of the play-in. We have 3 more games before the deadline, at Minnesota on Friday, at Detroit on Sunday and at Miami on Tuesday. I’m not going to say anything new about the deadline, at this point I think we know where all the frequent posters stand, but it’s coming up quick!

* With Lillard in, the last spot went (barely) to Banchero over Siakam, Young, Barnes, White and a few others. Banchero's raw numbers -- 23 points, 7 rebounds, 5 assist -- are right in line with that group. He's a little behind in advanced stats, though not too far from Brown, Adebayo, and Randle -- and neck-and-neck with Brown by some metrics. His shooting numbers are so-so: 45% overall, 35% on 3s after a mini-slump. He takes a ton of tough jumpers and does not make enough to justify the volume.

But the Magic are winning, and Banchero went several games starting alongside Caleb HoustanGoga Bitadze and Chuma Okeke. No one in this group has had to carry a heavier load. Even at full health, the Magic are short in shot creation among their guards.

The Magic's scoring margin being better with Banchero on the bench says almost nothing about him and tons about Orlando's makeshift starting fives. (Two of their most productive players, Cole Anthony and Moritz Wagner, are backups.)

Their second-best player -- Franz Wagner -- plays the same position as Banchero in the same style. On some nights, Banchero is Orlando's point guard and No. 1 scoring option at once. All things considered, he has held up well. He's a good passer and defends hard. His size allows him to guard almost any position -- and to battle on the glass.

Lowe says Banchero is the last guy in and states his reasoning 

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/39429439/nba-all-star-ballot-zach-lowe-makes-2024-picks

8 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

We are making the playoffs this year! Most definitely!

But the season showed us that Mosley needs a help from another coach! It’s not a shame.

We should try to get Adrian Griffin. I think he fits this team too. The All Star break is a great time to include him.

I don't want anything to do with Adrian Griffin. Bucks players did not like him. Plus he had that whole thing with Terry Stotts just as the season started. 

I also just don't think you bring a coach in that could potentially undermine Mosley.

2 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

* With Lillard in, the last spot went (barely) to Banchero over Siakam, Young, Barnes, White and a few others. Banchero's raw numbers -- 23 points, 7 rebounds, 5 assist -- are right in line with that group. He's a little behind in advanced stats, though not too far from Brown, Adebayo, and Randle -- and neck-and-neck with Brown by some metrics. His shooting numbers are so-so: 45% overall, 35% on 3s after a mini-slump. He takes a ton of tough jumpers and does not make enough to justify the volume.

But the Magic are winning, and Banchero went several games starting alongside Caleb HoustanGoga Bitadze and Chuma Okeke. No one in this group has had to carry a heavier load. Even at full health, the Magic are short in shot creation among their guards.

The Magic's scoring margin being better with Banchero on the bench says almost nothing about him and tons about Orlando's makeshift starting fives. (Two of their most productive players, Cole Anthony and Moritz Wagner, are backups.)

Their second-best player -- Franz Wagner -- plays the same position as Banchero in the same style. On some nights, Banchero is Orlando's point guard and No. 1 scoring option at once. All things considered, he has held up well. He's a good passer and defends hard. His size allows him to guard almost any position -- and to battle on the glass.

Lowe says Banchero is the last guy in and states his reasoning 

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/39429439/nba-all-star-ballot-zach-lowe-makes-2024-picks

Most all of the national media guys have him making it in outright. But worst case he will be an injury reserve for sure.  

38 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

How am I just now realizing Bogdan Bogdanovic is 31 years old 

He didn't come to the league until he was 25 so feels like he's not been around that long and so you expect him to be younger. Happens quite a lot to me with international players.