Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

Just now, ball junkie said:

Cause he’s not guarded …you at least have to guard Fultz or account for him 

Seems pretty early to move off our 20 year old rookie on a cheap contract . I’m not saying he’s a star or anything but I’d give him 2-3 seasons.  I worry that he might not be a PG for example. But Look what Suggs has become this year.  Your definitely the lowest on Black on the whole board.

Fultz is in his 7th season and hasn’t played even half the games for his career. Still waiting on him to hit one three this year. Can I get one three Fultz just one?

34 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Are the Magic open to moving Anthony Black and/or Wendell Carter Jr. for an offensive panacea? 

Got this from BR …I’d move AB in a heartbeat …I’ve seen him play in college and now here …whether Fultz is here after the deadline or not this kid doesn’t fit …talk about Fultz not being able to shoot …this kid is literally left by himself on the floor …talk about a spacing problem …do you guys watch his shooting form ? …it’s like he’s throwing a shot put, reminds me of the black and white videos back in the day of the set shooters …kid has zero explosiveness …he is tall and that does help him defensively … think I saw Jon post a few pages back we just took him because that’s all that was there at 7 …and I totally agree …if teams were up in his chest like in the playoffs he’d never get a shot attempt off 

I think his absolute ceiling is Rajon Rondo without the all star stuff. And that is still a long way off. This team needs FIT.

12 minutes ago, MagicMan1979 said:

Seems pretty early to move off our 20 year old rookie on a cheap contract . I’m not saying he’s a star or anything but I’d give him 2-3 seasons.  I worry that he might not be a PG for example. But Look what Suggs has become this year.  Your definitely the lowest on Black on the whole board.

Fultz is in his 7th season and hasn’t played even half the games for his career. Still waiting on him to hit one three this year. Can I get one three Fultz just one?

Lol you’re not sure he’s a PG …that says it all right there …but I agree …bring him off the bench to guard wings …and honestly they’ve been playing him a little like that lately …back on subject yeah I’d move him without thinking twice …again, Fultz has to be accounted for or he’ll beat you off the dribble or find a teammate that will …ask Paolo 

I’d only move AB if we’d get a perfect fit and that is Simons.. Maybe Murray if they’d insist on AB

but i’m not moving WCJ. He’s has one of the best contracts in the NBA! I wouldn’t move him just to get worse at center

Teams absolutely do not guard Markelle Fultz on the perimeter. Didn't realize we were just making stuff up to support our opinions.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, CTMagicUK said:

Teams absolutely do not guard Markelle Fultz on the perimeter. Didn't realize we were just making stuff up to support our opinions.

Did you ask Paolo ….lol lol lol

Fultz will not make a three because his shot, head, or shoulder is screwed. Take your pick. Wanting to wait any longer for him to come around is foolishness. Get what you can get for him now. I agree with ball junkie, in that he is the floor general type player we need, but his weaknesses on offense outweigh whatever leadership he brings on the floor. It will be glaringly obvious if they get to the playoffs. 

• Upvote 1

41 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Fultz will not make a three because his shot, head, or shoulder is screwed. Take your pick. Wanting to wait any longer for him to come around is foolishness. Get what you can get for him now. I agree with ball junkie, in that he is the floor general type player we need, but his weaknesses on offense outweigh whatever leadership he brings on the floor. It will be glaringly obvious if they get to the playoffs. 

I completely agree with your take on Fultz. 

I would hate to give up on Fultz, but I definitely would do it for the right move. I’m afraid he is never going to be physically right to live up to his potential. I would be okay bringing him back as a cheaper backup.

I would also prefer not to give up on AB this soon, as I think there is a lot of untapped potential there as well; and I think he has a chance to be very good; but again, for the right move I would consider moving him. I don’t think Houstan has as much potential, but I wouldn’t mind keeping him for another year to see how much more he can grow as a player. He rarely makes mistakes and seems to play decent defensively..

I honestly think we need to move on from Cole once he is not a “poison pill” contract- this summer once the new contract kicks in. He is too much of a black hole, and his BBIQ seems low. Maybe use him as part of a free-agent sign and trade?

If we don’t make a trade at the deadline, then I would like us to move Chuma and/or G Harris to open up a roster spot for another PG. We could possibly elevate Queen to a regular contract and make McClung into a two-way, or vice-versa if there isn’t a better PG to be had. I was surprised we brought back both K Harris and Schofield, and signed Queen to the third two-way; I really thought we needed Mac or another PG with one of those spots.

Edit: I would be okay with releasing K Harris or Schofield to make McClung or another PG our third two-way.

If Fultz is a long term piece on this team it’s as a discount and a vet PG who will have to accept a bench role. His limitations and his injury history make him impossible to invest money in long term as a starter in today’s nba. If he wants to sign a long-term sweetheart deal like WCJ did, let’s do it, but I’m still looking for a more available option than can shoot to pair with him

• Like 1

To be more specific on Fultz shooting …it’s true when he is in the corner he’s treated just like AB …but when Fultz has the ball in his hands and is orchestrating things he absolutely has to be guarded …as I said earlier he’ll beat you off the dribble and shoot athletic layups or midranges all day long …or he’ll beat you off the dribble and create a very nice look for a teammate …what Paolo likes .

To further, I’ve noticed lately they are posting him at the foul line extended and getting him the ball there …he turns, probes the defense …I’ve seen him do a little high low action with whatever big is posting up at the time …he’s very adept at getting guys the ball where they like it and can score or he can pull up for the midrange jumper …his decision making at those times is pretty accurate the majority of the time .

When I’m on the net and searching Magic info pretty much every read says he’s the only true PG on the team fwiw .

Weltham got some decisions to make …well at least according to most of the guys here re PG …let’s see what they gonna do 

3 hours ago, ball junkie said:

Cause he’s not guarded …you at least have to guard Fultz or account for him 

Junkie, Fultz is not guarded at the 3 point line, either. One is shooting 35% from three this year (AB), while the other is shooting 0% from three this year (Kelle). One actually can hit shots from three, while the other literally can't/won't. (Both have awful form). I'm not sure there is another starting PG in the league like Kelle that is shooting 0% from three. Just let that stat sink in. And for the record, I love Kelle's handle and passing, but I'd trade Kelle and/or AB and picks to upgrade that spot.