Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

1 minute ago, hootie249 said:

We really need to make a move for another ball handler, point guard and a shooter or one pretty good guy who does both. Brogdon,Tyus, whoever.

I do see a sneaky opportunity in trading Isaac to the Spurs. I could see them thinking he would be a great fit next to Wemby. Also his off the court stuff would be better suited to Texas. 

No doubt Isaac is a game changer, we just saw it the other night. So if the front office wants to keep him for one more year i don't blame them. His contract expires right when we have to pay Suggs and the two Wagners.

Texas lol …Florida is about as solid conservative as you can get …just like JI …if you’ve ever been to the games he’s a crowd favorite …they love him and so do I 

• Like 1

A smart team would showcase these often injured players right now and the. Trade the ones that have value. Hoping they become healthy is fools gold. My choice is wcj and fultz, because Isaac has what the others don’t. An elite ability. I would take a my chance on that, unless he can nab you a very good point guard. 

If I’m keeping any of the guys mentioned, it’s easily WCJ. He’s on a great contract and has been relatively healthy here (relative to the others being mentioned).

6 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

If I’m keeping any of the guys mentioned, it’s easily WCJ. He’s on a great contract and has been relatively healthy here (relative to the others being mentioned).

Yea I'm confused by his name being throw around for trade. Keep both him and Goga and figure it out later. 

I think the main reason WCJ’s name is getting thrown out there is because he’s the only one with real value for other teams more than cap relief. If we trade WCJ, I’d hope it’d be for an all-star return

Even though Jett hasn't done anything for us YET, I'm so glad we didn't take Grady! So far he's a real bust!

Year
Year
Team
Team
GP
Games played
Min
Minutes per game
Pts
Points per game
FG%
Field goal percentage
3pt%
3 point percentage
Reb
Rebounds per game
Ast
Assists per game
Stl
Steals per game

2023-24
2023-24

Finally, one intriguing dark horse candidate is the Magic, who also have a strong frontcourt, and for whom any amount of competent point guard play would be a massive change of pace. The last Magic player to average at least 20 points and five assists per game was Steve Francis, 19 years ago. Orlando projects for copious cap space after this season but could slot Murray in and still have money left over for further summer upgrades.

From The Ringer about Murray.

Also on The Lowe Post today Bobby Marks talks about The Magic and our situation.  We are the second team they talk about.  We have 5 first round picks that can be traded and 12 second round picks!

16 minutes ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

Even though Jett hasn't done anything for us YET, I'm so glad we didn't take Grady! So far he's a real bust!

Year
Year
Team
Team
GP
Games played
Min
Minutes per game
Pts
Points per game
FG%
Field goal percentage
3pt%
3 point percentage
Reb
Rebounds per game
Ast
Assists per game
Stl
Steals per game

2023-24
2023-24

I actually believe they were going to draft Cason Wallace and Presti moved up and swiped him. Then they went with the nepotism pick with Jett. At the moment it seems like we should have drafted Hawkins,Podziemski or even Keyonte George. First two were the best shooters in the draft and George was mocked to us in the super early mock drafts mid college season.

Thing is with draft picks a lot of the role players wind up being just a guy later on in their careers and players like Anthony and Keyonte become bona fide starters.

Jett is a tall shooter so if he can defend at all in the NBA he will get a chance. If we get lucky he might be our current Dennis Scott, helping the Magic get to the Finals.

8 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

I actually believe they were going to draft Cason Wallace and Presti moved up and swiped him. 

There was a rumour someone, I want to say Atlanta but might be misremembering ,was trying to trade up for Wallace. My theory was we were going to trade back and take Jett and the team moving up was getting Wallace, and then when that fell apart we thought "***** it let's just take him here anyway".

Yeah, I think Jett was probably the move all along with the 2nd pick. We have enough competent rotation that we could afford to take a swing and redshirt a raw prospect until some of the older and less reliable rotational pieces phase out. He’s clearly the Gary Harris in the rotation next year, assuming we don’t make a trade and improve that spot.