Soul Bro

2023-2024 Season Thread

2 hours ago, OnlyFranz said:

Cole can’t keep anyone in front of him. It’s always a layup drill or a trip to the free throw line when Cole’s playing defense. Admittedly I’ve only watched Tyus Jones play when he plays against us, however he always seems to pressure our guards and disrupt them from initiating the offense. 

Cole isn't great defensively but Tyus Jones is one of the worst defensive players on the worst defensive team in the NBA.

53 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Cole isn't great defensively but Tyus Jones is one of the worst defensive players on the worst defensive team in the NBA.

exactly! we‘re not going to make a trade just to make a trade … 

Tyus does nothing for us.. if we feel like we need an upgrade at backup guard, then we need someone like Brogdon

Imagine being Detroit.. Worst team in the NBA and the roster being dysfunctional. On top of that nobody in the top 10 is going to turn around any franchise. 

I don’t dislike the draft in general, but it’s a draft full of role players. Ain’t nobody there who is going to transform a franchise… 

35 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

exactly! we‘re not going to make a trade just to make a trade … 

Tyus does nothing for us.. if we feel like we need an upgrade at backup guard, then we need someone like Brogdon

Neither does Kispert and yet you want him here lol. 

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

He still knows how to run an offense unlike Cole who always looks for his own shot and still can’t guard anyone. 

13 hours ago, OnlyFranz said:

Yes please he’s better than any of our current guards at the moment. Solid defender, good vision, and will keep the defense honest with his shooting. 

better than ANY of our guards.. 

You on the drinks early for xmas?

Jones would be a decent pick up for sure but he is not a better player than Cole.. Suggs..Markelle.. For now yh AB..

What i like about Jones is he a threat from 3 .. and he runs a offence well and is exceptionally gpod at not turning it over.

“They’re very beatable but they play hard.. I think their hard play is what separates them. They don’t have no elite shot-making, just Gary Harris but their hard play makes them so elite” said Buddy Hield who went on to credit #Magic HC Jamahl Mosley for the teams overall success

Is this a compliment ?

47 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

“They’re very beatable but they play hard.. I think their hard play is what separates them. They don’t have no elite shot-making, just Gary Harris but their hard play makes them so elite” said Buddy Hield who went on to credit #Magic HC Jamahl Mosley for the teams overall success

Is this a compliment ?

Doesn’t seem like it lol

Haliburtons quotes about Franz and Paolo were much nicer. 

2 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

better than ANY of our guards.. 

You on the drinks early for xmas?

Jones would be a decent pick up for sure but he is not a better player than Cole.. Suggs..Markelle.. For now yh AB..

What i like about Jones is he a threat from 3 .. and he runs a offence well and is exceptionally gpod at not turning it over.

Yes better than any of our guards initiating the offense and being able to consistently make 3 pointers. Cole is a chucker who doesn’t get others involved and is horrible on defense. Suggs 3 point shot has come a long way this year and of course his defense is elite but he can’t stay on the court due to various injuries. Markelle can’t shoot the 3 to save his life and is always hurt. AB I like his game but another guy who can’t shoot 3’s consistently. See a reoccurring theme here? I know you’re a glass half full kinda guy when it comes to this team but being realistic we need an upgrade at the guard position. Not saying Jones is necessarily the answer to our problems but he’d be better than most of our current guard rotation. 

1 hour ago, ball junkie said:

Is this a compliment ?

In a weird twisted way its a cry to trade for him hahaha. As for very beatable haha. he just gave us more incentive to step on there necks