Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2023 NBA Summer League Watch Thread

People always overreacting to meaningless summer league games. If summer league is an indicator of how a guys career is going to turn out then Franz is a bust. AB and Jett are playing with guys who probably won’t even make a G league roster. I’m not worried about them once they start playing with actual NBA talent they will be fine. 

6 minutes ago, OnlyFranz said:

People always overreacting to meaningless summer league games. If summer league is an indicator of how a guys career is going to turn out then Franz is a bust. AB and Jett are playing with guys who probably won’t even make a G league roster. I’m not worried about them once they start playing with actual NBA talent they will be fine. 

Agree …but shooting is shooting …especially when you didn’t do it well in college 

Just now, ball junkie said:

Agree …but shooting is shooting …especially when you didn’t do it well in college 

Oh I know I’ve been wanting a shooter on this team for years, unfortunately management doesn’t think we need one. Hopefully Howard will be the shooter we’ve been needing. However AB does some good things on the defensive end. He has good vision with his passing getting guys open looks but definitely needs to work on limiting those TO’s. Is he another shooting project, most definitely but hopefully down the line he can improve to the point where guys can’t sag off of him from 3 and will compliment the rest of his game. 

9 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

It’s not just shooting well, it’s having confidence in your shot and willingness to take the shot you have. I’ve seen multiple times when he refuses to take the shot given to him. EP 2.0. 

16 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

One thing I noticed about Jett... on defense, these summer league teams are not attacking him... he is usually on the weak side with a shooter just standing in the corner...but he got a block shot out at the perimeter... and a couple of good stops... but teams aren't targeting him... and usually the action is on the opposite side of the court from him... I don't think he is switching off of players... I think they are intentionally going to the.otherside.

Do you guys think he.is really a full 6'8" ?

He looks a little bit shorter on TV...

• Like 1

2 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

It’s not just shooting well, it’s having confidence in your shot and willingness to take the shot you have. I’ve seen multiple times when he refuses to take the shot given to him. EP 2.0. 

This has been my concern for a while. The hope is, unlike Payton, he can develop a shot which the jury is very much out on. VERY possible though. 

2 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Black looks like a bad version of MCW. Seriously, I have zero faith in this guy being much of anything. Jett gives me a little bit that this draft is not a complete bust. I hope we keep all our guards because I don’t think Ab is better or will be better than any of them. 

I admit I didn't see full games, but when I tuned in to watch, I watched long enough to see Black  passing the ball. He was pretty much walking  and like: "I'll throw the ball over here and over there." He seemed to be moving in slow 'mo'_tion. I didn't see any energy and athleticism ("get up and go"), or breaking down defenses, nothing that made ME feel he has potential to be a good point guard. Maybe he is reserving it for the real games and is trying not to get injured before the season starts. The only thing I see of value is his height, 6'7", which would allow him to dominate shorter point guards. /That's just my 2 cents.

jQRFmG.jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Downvote 2

4 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Cursed haircuts... 

https://www.sports-reference.com/cbb/players/anthony-black-1.html
So AB shot 30% from 3 …70% from the line …51% from 2 …lotta stats in this link from college …looks like he contributed much more on defense than offense …Win Shares is 4.2 not sure if that’s good or bad lol …in other words not sure how that measures up to other players .