Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2023 NBA Summer League Watch Thread

2 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Stirring the pot. Seriously does anyone on this board think we made the wrong move on this twig? 

I think Banchero is a more surefire star for many years to come, but Chet has (and still does have) a higher ceiling but a ton more risk. 

If Chet plays 65+ games each of the next 10 seasons, there's a good chance that he could become a better player than Paolo, but my belief (and many others) is that he'll play 65+ games for maybe 2-3 seasons in the next 8-10, continuing to struggle with injuries with his thin, stretched frame. 

I hope for the sake of the NBA, he stays healthy, because he seems like a good kid and would be very fun to watch. 

3 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Stirring the pot. Seriously does anyone on this board think we made the wrong move on this twig? 

absolutely not. Paolo is levels above Chet easily 

5 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

absolutely not. Paolo is levels above Chet easily 

Not only that his skill set is better for a go to guy. In the playoffs I’ll take the huge forward who gets fouled all the time over the big who can’t create and the guard who doesn’t draw fouls.  that has mentioned.  

There’s really no way to explain it other than off-season fatigue if we’re really debating if we should’ve picked the kid who we all thought would be made of glass, that wound up being made of glass and missed his entire rookie season over our pick who just won rookie of the year and put up one of the more impressive first seasons the NBA has seen in years. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

There’s really no way to explain it other than off-season fatigue if we’re really debating if we should’ve picked the kid who we all thought would be made of glass, that wound up being made of glass and missed his entire rookie season over our pick who just won rookie of the year and put up one of the more impressive first seasons the NBA has seen in years. 

Upvoted. Why are we talking about this? 

Chet's played 1 Summer League game. Paolo is too good for Summer League, but he'll get his summer basketball playing for Team USA in the FIBA WC. 

27 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

A kid who was earmarked for Orlando the entire predraft process until an hour before the actual draft itself …also was considered by just about every mock draft the top prospect …he got injured last summer …been a year since he played …nobody saying “yet” we should have picked him or debating it …but it’s interesting at least to me to see how his career evolves …nobody knows how his career will go …whether he’ll be injury prone or not .

I like Bancheros game …but he was considered the 3rd best prospect last year draft …yes he put up numbers …we sucked …we won the lottery for a reason …he got the ball and put up numbers cause we absolutely needed it …but we were well on our way to having the worst record in the league for the second consecutive season until Fultz started playing and saved us …actually people on this board had already given up and thought we were in tank mode again if my memory serves.

I know Banchero is put upon a pedestal here and that’s ok but I’m not ready to do that yet.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, MagicMan1979 said:

Not only that his skill set is better for a go to guy. In the playoffs I’ll take the huge forward who gets fouled all the time over the big who can’t create and the guard who doesn’t draw fouls.  that has mentioned.  

facts!

1 hour ago, ball junkie said:

A kid who was earmarked for Orlando the entire predraft process until an hour before the actual draft itself …also was considered by just about every mock draft the top prospect …he got injured last summer …been a year since he played …nobody saying “yet” we should have picked him or debating it …but it’s interesting at least to me to see how his career evolves …nobody knows how his career will go …whether he’ll be injury prone or not .

I like Bancheros game …but he was considered the 3rd best prospect last year draft …yes he put up numbers …we sucked …we won the lottery for a reason …he got the ball and put up numbers cause we absolutely needed it …but we were well on our way to having the worst record in the league for the second consecutive season until Fultz started playing and saved us …actually people on this board had already given up and thought we were in tank mode again if my memory serves.

I know Banchero is put upon a pedestal here and that’s ok but I’m not ready to do that yet.

Banchero is GENERATIONAL.

He put up numbers only ALL TIME GREATS have done. HAHAHA..

Shaking my head a little here lol

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

off season fatigue hahahaha i like that 

5 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I stand by my prediction from before his first injury. He'll have a career like JI. A string of great games followed by a lot of missed games because of injury, then repeat. No stickboys!!! 0---->.---------->

1 hour ago, ball junkie said:

The Cavs went 35-47 Lebron’s rookie year

2 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

The Cavs went 35-47 Lebron’s rookie year

What do you think our record would have been if Fultz didn’t play ? And yes, Suggs was considered a PG playing that position in college and his first year with the Magic