CTMagicUK

2023 NBA Free Agency Thread

Just now, orlandoholic said:

Teams are going to hate playing against Ingles and Mo Wagner.. Haha. All we need is Dillon Brooks to be the most hated team i guess lol

Haha so true!

2 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

That Wagner deal is a huge overpay. I'm guessing it's a "we've got nothing else to spend this money on here have it" type deal.

i feel like they are punting this FA class and maximizing their cap space for next years class.. 

J. Brown, D. Murray, Sabonis, Siakam possibly hitting FA and the overall class seems better.. They could add a max and also fit Cole Anthony/Fultz extension 

But that’s just guessing.. 

I didn’t see good additions in this years FA class. I’m still just hoping for a trade

So if Shaedon would have been in this years draft he would have been ranked right up there with the big dogs …Sharpe just turned 20 …so basically Portland has 2 of the best prospects of the last 2 years …so all is not lost for them with the trading of Lillard .

30 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

That Wagner deal is a huge overpay. I'm guessing it's a "we've got nothing else to spend this money on here have it" type deal.

Yeah..  it looks like 2 years from now they are  wanting money coming off the books... at that time his expiring contract can actually have value in a trade too..  

Looking ahead is probably a good thing.... when we have a bunch of very young kids right now... that need to get on the court and make mistakes and figure out how to win... I really don't think 23-24 is going to be our year to play at a championship.

4 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

So if Shaedon would have been in this years draft he would have been ranked right up there with the big dogs …Sharpe just turned 20 …so basically Portland has 2 of the best prospects of the last 2 years …so all is not lost for them with the trading of Lillard .

Do you think they will trade Dame... just because he asked???

I wouldn't be surprised if Portland starts 5 point guards on opening day....

5 minutes ago, Oveido Voodoo said:

Oh yeah, he’s gone. They’re gonna accommodate his request

2 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Oh yeah, he’s gone. They’re gonna accommodate his request

Thanks for answering I thought he was being sarcastic so was gonna ignore 

55 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I thought the same. We're taking care of Mo as a feel-good effort for Franz to continue to think well of Orlando and our management. 

Just now, ball junkie said:

Thanks for answering I thought he was being sarcastic so was gonna ignore 

Lol... yeah...

Well you never know with Portland...

But why do you figure Cronin didn't trade him 2 years ago when they knew they were going to tank out and rebuild...

It almost never works out in your favor to wait until a player is so disgruntled that they are screaming for the rest if the league GMs to come save them... 

I think Dame wants to compete on a competitive team. 

Lol... I suppose at least he doesn't have a "No Trade" clause like Washington gave Beal... so they retain rights to worst GM /front office award ... for now...

Kind of makes you appreciate being a Magic fan....

13 minutes ago, Oveido Voodoo said:

They definitely will trade him. He has done right by that franchise. Much like KG with Minnesota back in the day.