CTMagicUK

2023 NBA Free Agency Thread

15 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Why would the Blazers want guards when excluding Dame they still have 3 very good ones in Sharpe, Scoot and Simons 

In all seriousness, given that Mike Schmitz is their Assistant GM, I think he’d love a guy like Black alongside Scoot and Sharpe. I think they’ll want several prospects plus picks, and I think they’ll trade Simons.

Edit: The question then becomes how much we value Herro. Is he worth two of our young prospects plus a first or two? Hmmm…

2 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

In all seriousness, given that Mike Schmitz is their Assistant GM, I think he’d love a guy like Black alongside Scoot and Sharpe. I think they’ll want several prospects plus picks, and I think they’ll trade Simons.

Edit: The question then becomes how much we value Herro. Is he worth two of our young prospects plus a first or two? Hmmm…

You’re showing your disdain for our number 6 pick lol …two top 6 picks sharing the same position …since Sharpe can shoot I guess theoretically it would work 

6 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

You’re showing your disdain for our number 6 pick lol …two top 6 picks sharing the same position …since Sharpe can shoot I guess theoretically it would work 

I just know Schmitz is an analytics guy who would love the versatility and two-way play of Black. His play would be perfect next to those two guards.

Jeff Weltman has spent every opportunity to talk about flexibility and how important it is and nothing says flexibility like trading the 4 year cost controlled contract of your number 6 pick for the right to pay Tyler Herro 120 million over the next 4 years. 

• Upvote 1

5 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

We're standing Pat, y'all. We refuse to do anything but draft players and resign current ones.

32 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Who is our top paid player? Now compare his salary per year to every other team in the league and what their top player makes. Simple math and a simple minded gm. Period. We ain’t doing SH**

Yeah, I understand the frustration here. It’s getting close to being a conversation of if we’re really that smart with money, or if ownership has just decided they want to be cheap over trying to compete. I had silly hopes for an exciting off-season that included trading one of our picks and getting back some sort of proven scorer, but it looks like we’re content on running it back with 2 more rookies and some uneventful FAs. Even the Ingles move, while it’s something to like on paper, he’ll be 36 by the time the season starts and coming off a recently torn ACL. I honestly am not sure if I expect him to be an on court contributor at all.

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

Crazy trade that works:

Orlando gets Herro

Miami gets Lillard and Nurkic 

Portland gets Lowry, Black, Suggs, Harris and Jovik

Can’t seem to save the trade link but it’s feasible.

You'll give up all that just for Herro and his bad contract. Horrible trade.