Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2023 NBA Draft Day Thread

4 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

You could say the same about LeBron and Wade. Brown and Tatum. Kawhi and PG.

You're over thinking it. No player in the history of the game shoulders the offensive load on every possession of the game. There's more than enough possessions for them to both take turns on ball, they can also stagger their minutes so they have 1 on the court at all times. Having multiple guys who can create for themselves and others is a good thing not a bad thing. 

Not really. LeBron is more of a Pg than Wade was. 

It’s more like Westbrook and LeBron. That didn’t work because both absolutely need the ball more times than not.

Just now, Jon said:

Not really. LeBron is more of a Pg than Wade was. 

It’s more like Westbrook and LeBron. That didn’t work because both absolutely need the ball more times than not.

That didn't work because neither does enough off ball to be effective though. Lamelo is a terrific shooter and has positional size to play up a position (and honestly would probably benefit from not having to defend smaller quicker guards)

6 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

That didn't work because neither does enough off ball to be effective though. Lamelo is a terrific shooter and has positional size to play up a position (and honestly would probably benefit from not having to defend smaller quicker guards)

Maybe. I just think you’re better off with Miller.

Just now, Jon said:

Maybe. I just think you’re better off with Miller.

Fair enough, I guess that depends on people's opinions of Miller as a prospect. I don't have him in the same tier as Scoot.

4 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Fair enough, I guess that depends on people's opinions of Miller as a prospect. I don't have him in the same tier as Scoot.

Part of why I was ALMOST glad we didn't get #3 or #4 - I have reservations about Miller's judgement and maturity as a person, but his talent as a prospect is such that passing him up would be very difficult to justify. No such issues with Wemby or Scoot. Judgement on who your friends are and how you act when you are with them can become a cause for concern. Ja is currently proving my point on this issue.

1 hour ago, DestroidMengars said:

Called this 3 days ago. Magic are going for him at #6. Book it. 

I'll be shocked and have reservations if we pick Bilal at 6. 

I don't think Bilal is the 6th best prospect in this draft. I don't even think he's top 10.

• Upvote 1