Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2023 NBA Draft Day Thread

7 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

I'm still putting it in writing we're going for Bilal and will look to trade back in order to do so, but ultimately will pick him at #6 if we can't find a pick we like to go to #7-#9. 

I love a Thompson twin, but Bilal is a tried and true WeltHam prospect. 

Would automatically boost you to star status if this happens …waiting anxiously to see it all unfold 

8 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Kid is a meme machine. Trade up to 2 to draft him. 

hahaha he can actually play which is good. I like his confidence. 

A little depressing that yet once again we’re mostly talking about people (other than Grady Dick) who would have to develop a shot. 

Or am I missing something?  Admit to not following college basketball very closely (and some of the guys we’re talking about aren’t even college players).  

Anthony Black | Guard | Arkansas

High-end compJosh Giddey with better defense

Low-end comp: Evan Turner

As a jumbo point guard with excellent passing chops, great defensive instincts and plenty of untapped upside like Giddey, Black enters the NBA in an era where size, skill and feel are at a premium, particularly in perimeter players. The main questions are his jump shot and individual offense, with a range of outcomes that could turn him into a high-quality lead guard, render him more of a secondary off-ball playmaker and defender, or greatly limit his value and role opportunities away from the ball. He's an exciting development bet, but with some assembly required
https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/insider/story/_/id/37886586/2023-nba-draft-player-comps-all-14-projected-lottery-picks?platform=amp

I’ll be stunned and disappointed if we take a developmental kid like this …we need to start winning now 

3 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

Anthony Black | Guard | Arkansas

High-end compJosh Giddey with better defense

Low-end comp: Evan Turner

As a jumbo point guard with excellent passing chops, great defensive instincts and plenty of untapped upside like Giddey, Black enters the NBA in an era where size, skill and feel are at a premium, particularly in perimeter players. The main questions are his jump shot and individual offense, with a range of outcomes that could turn him into a high-quality lead guard, render him more of a secondary off-ball playmaker and defender, or greatly limit his value and role opportunities away from the ball. He's an exciting development bet, but with some assembly required
https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/insider/story/_/id/37886586/2023-nba-draft-player-comps-all-14-projected-lottery-picks?platform=amp

I’ll be stunned and disappointed if we take a developmental kid like this …we need to start winning now 

I totally agree with your take. I am seeing him mocked to us all over the place also. What a bad fit. 

58 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

At this point I'm convinced someone is trying to get Cam to fall. 

Surprised someone was able to talk him up into the top half of the lotto to begin with.  8-9 seems right.