Soul Bro

2023 Off-Season Thread

more and more i’m liking the idea of trading for Zion Williamson. I wouldn’t be concerned with spacing honestly. I think internal improvement is enough for a lineup involving Zion Williamson. 

We wouldn’t need crazy schemes and off the bounce shooting. We’d just need good spot up shooting. And our starters (except Filtz) are really solid spot up shooters. 

A lineup with Zion and Banchero would be unstoppable imo. 

So i’d absolutely throw in the Chicago pick, Denver pick and also 2024 Orlando pick. Imo 2024 is a weak class anyway and honestly our roster spots are gonna be full after this draft and FA.. 

I’d throw in G. Harris, C. Anthony and if they wish role players like Okeke, Bol Bol.. best fit trade would be Simons probably. Would love that too..

2 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

more and more i’m liking the idea of trading for Zion Williamson. I wouldn’t be concerned with spacing honestly. I think internal improvement is enough for a lineup involving Zion Williamson. 

We wouldn’t need crazy schemes and off the bounce shooting. We’d just need good spot up shooting. And our starters (except Filtz) are really solid spot up shooters. 

So i’d absolutely throw in the Chicago pick, Denver pick and also 2024 Orlando pick. Imo 2024 is a weak class anyway and honestly our roster spots are gonna be full after this draft and FA.. 

I’d throw in G. Harris, C. Anthony and if they wish role players like Okeke, Bol Bol.. best fit trade would be Simons probably. Would love that too..

No trading for another player that has missed more games than he has played due to injury. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

I think the rest of this Magic board is sick of players whom:
A) Are hurt all the time
B) Don't have the drive to be all the best they can be (ex. Mo Bamba; Zion "unwilling to regiment my weight" Williamson)

• Upvote 1

Just now, TreyMachine said:

A) Are hurt all the time
B) Don't have the drive to be all the best they can be (ex. Mo Bamba; Zion "unwilling to regiment my weight" Williamson)

I should also say this - I've called since Day 1 that Williamson was going to have a history of injuries. You can't add that much jumping power and that much top-heavy weight and expect for the knees and ankles to not abide by the laws of physics. 

Shaq and Barkley were powerful guys but never relied on such explosive jumping to their games. Zion was doomed Day 1 for a career of injuries IMO. 

I'm a huge Zion guy. Love watching him play. Wouldn't trade for him in a million years. He plays the same position as Paolo, has never had a healthy season, has never played a playoff game and is about to start a max contract. 

48 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Trade for Zion, Kawhi and Paul George. Hire a witch

At this point I'm not convinced a witch would be enough. 

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

At this point I'm not convinced a witch would be enough. 

Absolutely not.  Would need at least a Jedi.  

16 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

A) Are hurt all the time

In case of Williamson i think a lot of that talk is media talk.. he came out of the offseason in great shape. Played like an All Star and got injured. 

Part of his injuries imo is the way the Pelicans use Zion.. They play him at high speed and make him go downhill. It’s spectacular for sure, but that’s going to lead to injuries (hello Suggs)

He can be the same player without going downhill, bullying in the post, occasionally stepping out if opponents decide to go big on him. i feel he’d be fine.. i actually am not too concerned about his injuries 

9 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'm a huge Zion guy. Love watching him play. Wouldn't trade for him in a million years. He plays the same position as Paolo, has never had a healthy season, has never played a playoff game and is about to start a max contract. 

it’s fair to feel that way.. I feel like he needs a new environment that will play him differently.