Soul Bro

2023 Off-Season Thread

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'd just stick with Goga and Mo Wagner honestly. 

Agreed, when given consistent minutes on the court Goga is a contributor on both ends of the floor. He did the same thing in Indiana whenever Turner got injured or one of Isaiah Jackson/Jalen Smith. He is gritty and isn’t afraid to bang down low. He also seems to get along with the rest of the team. 

Orlando Magic

orl.png&w=110&h=110

Projected room: $22 million

Note: The projected room in Orlando could increase to over $40 million but at the expense of waiving Gary Harris and Jonathan Isaac

Who returns/joins: Wendell Carter Jr., Paolo BancheroJalen SuggsFranz WagnerCole AnthonyChuma OkekeCaleb Houstan, Jonathan Isaac (partial guarantee), Markelle Fultz (contract guaranteed), Gary Harris (contract guaranteed), Bol Bol (contract guaranteed), Goga Bitadze (team option exercised), Anthony Black and Jett Howard

Who might be gone: Michael Carter-Williams(team option declined), Admiral Schofield (team option declined) and Moritz Wagner

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/37910163/nba-free-agency-2023-which-teams-cap-space

16 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Atlanta just straight up dumped John Collins. Wild. I knew his value wasn't super high but wow.

Yes, that was cold blooded. But that team needs a major shaking of the snow globe

wow Utah making moves.. They also kept Sexton out of the deal, who they are going to trade for assets. 

Atlantas new management in fire sale mode.. 

If i’m the Magic, i’ll be calling about Dejounte Murray or Deandre Hunter, Okonkwu.. looks like they are looking to clear salary.. I like Griffin too but he’s on a rookie deal, doubt we  can get him. 

ok here is the context.. I have to learn the new CBA more.. 

more trades seem unlikely at this point.. 

we could be in a good situation for another teams salary dump. Harris can be cut. 

Is there another team in cap hell because of the new CBA?

Just want to comment on Goga as the backup 5 real quick. I like him a lot as a player, but we have to slow down so much to accommodate him. We need a rim runner as a backup 5 that can keep up with our pace. Our team in half court is bad and we haven’t done anything to change that.

10 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Just want to comment on Goga as the backup 5 real quick. I like him a lot as a player, but we have to slow down so much to accommodate him. We need a rim runner as a backup 5 that can keep up with our pace. Our team in half court is bad and we haven’t done anything to change that.

only realistic option is Hayes.. 

Im campaigning for Gafford but i doubt we get him. His contract is too valuable as well. 

Might as well swing on another rookie player. Ibou Badje, maybe Azubuike, Orlando Robinson..

Trade for Hartenstein, Nic Claxton, Zach Collins,

not a lot of great options.. Any ideas on this board?

here’s a POR-ORL trade out of nowhere.. 

It clears salary for Portland so they can create a team that Lilliard would like (welcome to Portland Draymond)

POR get Harris, Bol Bol, Okeke, 2024 first round pick (top3 protected) and multiple 2nd round picks. (maybe attach Cole if they insist on him.

ORL get Simons, Nurkic. 

This one is a cost cutting deal for Portland in an attenot to satisfy Lilliard and be players in FA. 
Portland don’t really need Simons and they also clear Nurkic contract 

Orlando gets their missing piece in the starting lineup and also a solid veteran backup 5 option. 
Orlando then goes on to grow this team!

PG: Fultz, Black

SG: Simons, Suggs

SF: Wagner, Howard, Houstan

PF: Banchero, Isaac, M. Wagner

C: WCJ, Nurkic, Bitadze

Make the playoffs and be a pain in the a.. to beat

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Our half court offense is bad but I don't really understand why or how a backup 5 is going to make a big enough difference to change that. 

That being said, as much as I think it's smart on a theoretical level to spend as little as possible on a backup 5 and think Goga/M Wagner could easily handle 15mpg between them dependent on matchups. I do think we have to face the reality that whoever our primary backup 5 is is likely to start 15+ games next season. So that has to factor into the equation also. 

• Upvote 1