Soul Bro

2023 Off-Season Thread

I think it is a decent deal for the Suns honestly. With their cap and contracts they were really limited in what they could realistically add to the team and Beal makes them immediately better just in terms of his availability. Not sure Frank Vogel is the guy to put it all together but that is a different issue.

They probably still need to deal Ayton so they can add good role players around the top 3 so I think the grade is incomplete still

Question for the group, who do you think we’re more likely to trade out of our core group from last year? Not including guys that didn’t play much like Okeke, Isaac, Bol. Obviously Paolo and Franz are untouchable. Kelle and Dell are probably close to untouchable. I think we’d be more likely to trade Suggs in a package deal over Cole, but could see both sides of the argument. I don’t think we make a trade at all unless we finally push our cards in for a star, but I don’t love most of the rumored names and how they’d fit here.

18 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Question for the group, who do you think we’re more likely to trade out of our core group from last year? Not including guys that didn’t play much like Okeke, Isaac, Bol. Obviously Paolo and Franz are untouchable. Kelle and Dell are probably close to untouchable. I think we’d be more likely to trade Suggs in a package deal over Cole, but could see both sides of the argument. I don’t think we make a trade at all unless we finally push our cards in for a star, but I don’t love most of the rumored names and how they’d fit here.

Most willing to give up would probably be Cole, Suggs would have more value though. 

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Most willing to give up would probably be Cole, Suggs would have more value though. 

Agree with this, as I don’t see us satisfying Cole’s contract hopes and because Suggs fits as a defensive ace down the road.

Depends on if some mngt, thinks that Cole would blossom into a leading offensive player in a different scheme with different personnel. Hell, look what the Suns did in the last year.

Who knows wtf they are all thinking. 

I think Cole’s role on this team is critical as a scoring 6th man… if his ego allows him to play that role is a whole different question.

We’re probably just gonna pick our picks and keep building organically, but it’s fun to speculate 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I think Cole’s role on this team is critical as a scoring 6th man… if his ego allows him to play that role is a whole different question.

We’re probably just gonna pick our picks and keep building organically, but it’s fun to speculate 

That’s a big if. And is also the lynchpin on whether he is dealt sooner rather than later. I prefer sooner, because he wants that “Star” status. And I don’t see him getting that here. 

3 hours ago, MagicFanDan said:

I can’t imagine we draft 6 and 11. 

Personally, I wouldn’t. 

Basically the question for everyone here is "Who is getting minutes who doesn't deserve them / will be phased out?" I don't think you keep all 4 of Kelle/Suggs/Cole/Harris and draft a guard, and as a forward we have some room for backup minutes, but if Franz/Paolo/JI/WCJ are all healthy, it started to get tight - and you certainly don't draft someone at #6 expecting them to be a backup in 3 years. 

Therefore, I too am led to believe we will throw in some pieces for a big "fit" piece to play along our non-moveable core before or during draft night. Too many upside young pieces in need of minutes already on this team. 

6 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

that’s the main part! 6th man and model his role after J. Crawford! Nothing wrong with that. 

If he accepts this, he will be a crucial part of our future. 

If he keeps whining about wanting to be a starter in this league, then we need to trade him asap.. 

5 hours ago, MagicFanDan said:

I can’t imagine we draft 6 and 11. 

Personally, I wouldn’t. 

why? We can’t force things.. If there isn’t a trade out there that would instantly be a fit for the future and also make us significantly better then i’m drafting 6 and 11. 

Males no sense to force a bad trade.. 

Personally, pick 11, protected 2024 1st pick, Harris, Cole, Okeke, Bol Bol are on the block. 

but only for a meaningful player.. 

if we get one of Zion, Simons, Or move up the draft (Houston pick/ Detroit pick) i’d do it.. 

I love this highlight tape! Great Orlando Magic YT channel btw. 

Suggs is a keeper for me. I’m not trading him. All he needs is consistency, health and learn how to slow it down, change speeds. 

Hes just a winning player, that this team needs if we want to be a winning team

• Like 1