Soul Bro

2023 Off-Season Thread

9 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

oh and can we please talk about how Milwaukee managed to get Lilliard for only Jrue Holiday, G. Allen, one unprotected pick and two swaps? 

No disrespect to Holiday, but that’s a god damn steal

We got more for Vooch! Something to be said about making a deal while you still have leverage.

3 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Things that make you go hmmm…

“The Magic should go after Jrue Holiday.

Upgrade at point guard, fits the multiple ball handler offense, a needed veteran. 

Plenty of ways to assemble a deal that makes sense for the Blazers too.”

https://x.com/kevinoconnornba/status/1707178659310940579?s=46&t=-aZjPK-cJg6N70XI29LM3Q

I’m all for Jrue. I feel like he and Kelle next to each other in the backcourt would be a steal. Didn’t click the link to see if there were potential offers in there but I’d take something like Cole and GH for Jrue and run

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

We got more for Vooch! Something to be said about making a deal while you still have leverage.

I’m all for Jrue. I feel like he and Kelle next to each other in the backcourt would be a steal. Didn’t click the link to see if there were potential offers in there but I’d take something like Cole and GH for Jrue and run

I mean if Cole and G. Harris is the package, it’s a no brainer to me.. Only question is what would it take to extend his contract, or if he’d be willing to extend at all or if he seeks to play for an immediate contender.

I love Jrue and he'd be a great locker room presence, as well as a great influence on the court, playing both ends effectively.

It would be a huge figure to match, though. And most of our assets are guards. The Blazers already have a logjam

I wanna add that Portland received Ayton in the Lilliard trade. Whatever you think of the him you just can't forget they got back a former number 1 pick who is young and signed for 4 years.

Portland suddenly has a crazy good young core.. I like our young core, but Portland could really be a force.. 

They already feature a starting lineup of S. Henderson, A. Simons, S. Sharpe and D. Ayton. 

i could really see them going after Zion Williamson and flipping Jrue Holiday. or i see them getting Kuminga and Moody with C. Paul (who could be flipped for other assets) to really add to that core.. 

If they get Zion it’s going to be scary going forward. I’d definitely watch that team regularly!

oh btw.. Bayern Munich Basketball played on a LED floor for the first time yesterday.. it was freaking amazing! Imagine this in the NBA with team logos and not too much advertising. 

here are the game highlights if anybody is interested how it was used in the game..

• Like 1