Soul Bro

2023 Off-Season Thread

2 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

But we'll be in the same position at some point. Let's hope they develop and they really deserve those crazy numbers.

I think we'll give it to Paolo if he develops like we hope he does. I see the Magic brass trading someone who wants a crazy amount of money that isn't going to be "worth" it. I would even argue to Boston "who else is going to give Brown that type of money?" If he's truly untradeable now because no one would take that contract... why would they give him that contract as he couldn't find it anywhere else? Seems like bag negotiating to me.

2 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

But we'll be in the same position at some point. Let's hope they develop and they really deserve those crazy numbers.

if we are there, then that means we have two players who are multiple time All Stars.. I actually hope we are in that situation!!!

two nice breakdowns of our players.. 

I like this breakdown of Banchero. Seems very reasonable and that’s just like i saw him. I would have added that he kind of forced three point shots and also had a terrible shooting stretch. I believe it was a mental issue of trying to proof everybody he could shoot and therefore settling/forcing shots..

Second breakdown is great, but in german. But the visuals speak for themselves. Maybe somebody is interested watching it.

speaks about his major improvements, especially basketball iq! He made major strides and understands when and how to manipulate a defense. He gave the Magic huge respect for developing Franz, by basically giving him the opportunity to be a ball handler and not just be a role player.. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

two nice breakdowns of our players.. 

I like this breakdown of Banchero. Seems very reasonable and that’s just like i saw him. I would have added that he kind of forced three point shots and also had a terrible shooting stretch. I believe it was a mental issue of trying to proof everybody he could shoot and therefore settling/forcing shots..

Second breakdown is great, but in german. But the visuals speak for themselves. Maybe somebody is interested watching it.

speaks about his major improvements, especially basketball iq! He made major strides and understands when and how to manipulate a defense. He gave the Magic huge respect for developing Franz, by basically giving him the opportunity to be a ball handler and not just be a role player.. 

Paolo said in an interview that during his shooting slump in where he shot 3% from 3 for a month, he was battling nerve injury and once that healed, his shot got much better. 

Wish I knew German better :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, AddiFB said:

Paolo said in an interview that during his shooting slump in where he shot 3% from 3 for a month, he was battling nerve injury and once that healed, his shot got much better. 

Wish I knew German better :)

yeah, that’s what i mean. If you know your injured and the shot isn’t there, you should be smarter and do all the other things you can do to help your team! He will figure it out though. I believe in him

6 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

if we are there, then that means we have two players who are multiple time All Stars.. I actually hope we are in that situation!!!

Brown is in that situation, but nobody was liking that massive deal. ;)

7 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

I think we'll give it to Paolo if he develops like we hope he does. I see the Magic brass trading someone who wants a crazy amount of money that isn't going to be "worth" it. I would even argue to Boston "who else is going to give Brown that type of money?" If he's truly untradeable now because no one would take that contract... why would they give him that contract as he couldn't find it anywhere else? Seems like bag negotiating to me.

Boston FO probably agree, but the problem with the market as constructed right now, is that every all-star level player automatically gets a max (a lot of times not even all-stars), and if not, he'll request a trade (and sometimes indicate the team that want to join too...)

From my point of view, those kind of crazy max deals should be somehow reserved only to players that are borderline MVP. And then there should be a lower level for every other great player. But that's not how it works right now with that CBA and those rules.

18 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

Boston FO probably agree, but the problem with the market as constructed right now, is that every all-star level player automatically gets a max (a lot of times not even all-stars), and if not, he'll request a trade (and sometimes indicate the team that want to join too...)

From my point of view, those kind of crazy max deals should be somehow reserved only to players that are borderline MVP. And then there should be a lower level for every other great player. But that's not how it works right now with that CBA and those rules.

absolutely agree.. It seems like nowadays a lot of rookies also get max extensions. 

I also don’t agree with the requirements for supermax contracts. (All Star previous season or 2 out of three seasons before the extension.. )

If everything goes well you’d be a supermax player if you manage to get rookie max and also be a All Star in your 7th season. 

Supermax players should be if you are All Star 4 out of 5 seasons and also played 70% + percentage of the games

15 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

it’s going to be interesting to see if Wagner can make that next step this summer. 

Imo this needs to be implemented to his game

- Floater (he stopped using it in year 2 imo)

- Midrange shot out of pick n roll

If he adds this to his game this summer, he’ll be unguardable imo