Soul Bro

2023 Off-Season Thread

20 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Weird timing. Go get Herro though

Well, they probably consider that the job for the new season is already done, so Parker is going to have time until 15th december and then the deadaline. I hated him as a player when he was playing in Euroleague cause he always killed my team, but he was a really samrt guy. Hope he's as smart in the new role, he has probably showed that considering how fast was his rising.

WeltPark or SouthPark? :P

I’m really hoping a big name that fits our team opens up at the dead line. Maybe a Luca or Joel but I’m thinking best we can get is KAT. Who u all think may open up and who u want?

4 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Mo Bamba went to that White Party in the Hamptons and got himself a one year deal with the Sixers, partying with Embiid, Harden and Harris lol

2 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

I wasn't really expecting the in-season tournament being held on early december...

I wasn't really expecting the in-season tournament to actually gain traction as a thing. It's pointless to me. If we win that tournament I'll feel nothing. 

I love the idea of an in-season tournament to see who prevails in a single elimination style bracket.

It’s like the FA Cup in Futbol or March Madness.

Certainly more exciting than the 82-game regular season. Its popularity will grow with time

2 hours ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

I love the idea of an in-season tournament to see who prevails in a single elimination style bracket.

It’s like the FA Cup in Futbol or March Madness.

Certainly more exciting than the 82-game regular season. Its popularity will grow with time

I could like it too like I enjoy the european ones we talked about, but why december? I mean, season just started, how a team qualify? Wasn't supposed to be a mid season tournament to end with the all-star parade?

I imagine the tournament in December is to break up the open of the season (which sees a lot of viewership) with the All-Star festivities. Having it too close to either would likely lessen viewership, but I do agree that you're only like 30 games in at that point and it feels weird. 

1 hour ago, TreyMachine said:

I imagine the tournament in December is to break up the open of the season (which sees a lot of viewership) with the All-Star festivities. Having it too close to either would likely lessen viewership, but I do agree that you're only like 30 games in at that point and it feels weird. 

Last year we played 34 regular season games before Christmas, so if they are looking at a mid-December tournament, you’re probably looking at about 25-30 games to determine seeds, or between 25-33% of the season.

2 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

Last year we played 34 regular season games before Christmas, so if they are looking at a mid-December tournament, you’re probably looking at about 25-30 games to determine seeds, or between 25-33% of the season.

Woj tweeted that is going to be between 7 and 9 december, that was the weird part for me, last season we played 25 games until that date.