Soul Bro

2023 Off-Season Thread

1 hour ago, flgatorsandmagic said:

Did we really trade the 36th pick in the draft for a 2030 2nd round pick?

Holding out for MJ's grandson

1 hour ago, flgatorsandmagic said:

Did we really trade the 36th pick in the draft for a 2030 2nd round pick?

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

great for Orlando. Great for Paolo. Although he’s most definitely called up at this point, because they don’t want him to play for Italy. But still. Great.. Imma be watching for sure. 

Now Paolo can go on and recruit in Team USA. 

WCJ got snubbed! Perfect Fiba center

It's probably been stated, but with Black's drafting, I think the idea of signing Reaves is now off the table. It seems WeltHam are truly taking the homegrown approach to competing for a title. 

14 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

It's probably been stated, but with Black's drafting, I think the idea of signing Reaves is now off the table. It seems WeltHam are truly taking the homegrown approach to competing for a title. 

Doesn't seem likely we'll spend big money on a guard you're right.

Seems like backup 4 and backup 5 are the only areas where a free agent could fit in unless we make trades.

30 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I think culture and the type of person a player is (high character, selfless, long, capable of guarding multiple positions, etc.) matters over general athleticism and talent to the management and ownership. For that reason, it can be hard to evaluate a player when traded - especially if that player is going to be one of your focal points in the offense and of your culture (team and community).

For that reason, we'll never bring in guys like Draymond Green, Dillon Brooks, or others, or even guys who are just looking to score a lot without playing significant defense or team oriented ball like Zach Lavine.

22 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

I think culture and the type of person a player is (high character, selfless, long, capable of guarding multiple positions, etc.) matters over general athleticism and talent to the management and ownership. For that reason, it can be hard to evaluate a player when traded - especially if that player is going to be one of your focal points in the offense and of your culture (team and community).

For that reason, we'll never bring in guys like Draymond Green, Dillon Brooks, or others, or even guys who are just looking to score a lot without playing significant defense or team oriented ball like Zach Lavine.

Agree. That CBS article about Black is fantastic on this point. Sounds like he’ll out work everyone and do everything he can to ensure his team succeeds.

The first 10 second round picks were traded. Mostly to teams over the cap with no room to sign free agents or teams that had no first round picks.