Soul Bro

2023 Off-Season Thread

I thought I saw that the no trade clause not only gave Beal power to choose a team, but also gave him power to veto a trade to that team if he felt they were giving up too many assets in the trade where it would leave them thin. So yeah, Washington could have gotten better compensation, but would Beal have approved it?

1 hour ago, DestroidMengars said:

I thought I saw that the no trade clause not only gave Beal power to choose a team, but also gave him power to veto a trade to that team if he felt they were giving up too many assets in the trade where it would leave them thin. So yeah, Washington could have gotten better compensation, but would Beal have approved it?

Yeah, I’m pretty sure the way the No Trade clause works is that Beal is told the deal, and can say yes or no. There were rumors that he wouldn’t accept a trade to Phoenix that involved Ayton, but only one that involved CP3. Beal might be the last NTC we ever see in the NBA. There’s no good reason for a team to do it.

2 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Gary Trent has opted in to his player option. We got linked with him earlier but now he won't be a free agent.

Let’s go trade for OG then :)

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Gary Trent has opted in to his player option. We got linked with him earlier but now he won't be a free agent.

Wow its starting to feels like there are no free agents this summer. I wonder if he will sign an extension with Toronto?  It seems like he would have made a lot on the open market.  

13 hours ago, orlandoholic said:

Who is on the block in your book? Who would you wish to trade for?

Anfernee Simons and Mikal Bridges are the two I’d aggressively pursue and would require multiple players and draft capital. 

I’d think for Bridges compensation of Suggs, JI, 6ths and 2025 first from Denver would get the deal done. 

A lineup of:

PG: Fultz/ Cole 

SG: Bridges/ Gary 

SF: Franz/ 11th pick (Dick) 

PF: Paolo/ Chuma 

C: Wendell/ Moe 

For Simmons: trade value would be 11th, Cole and Den 2025. 

Let me know your thoughts. But I truly believe consolation is needed. 

50 minutes ago, MagicFanDan said:

Anfernee Simons and Mikal Bridges are the two I’d aggressively pursue and would require multiple players and draft capital. 

I’d think for Bridges compensation of Suggs, JI, 6ths and 2025 first from Denver would get the deal done. 

A lineup of:

PG: Fultz/ Cole 

SG: Bridges/ Gary 

SF: Franz/ 11th pick (Dick) 

PF: Paolo/ Chuma 

C: Wendell/ Moe 

For Simmons: trade value would be 11th, Cole and Den 2025. 

Let me know your thoughts. But I truly believe consolation is needed. 

I agree about consolation for sure. I love Bridges but it will take way more than that to get him. Memphis offered 4 first round picks for him last year. That’s before he even played for The Nets and looked like a star. 

Your Simmons trade seems fair. 

I want to offer a lot and trade up for Scoot. Just saw an interview with him on ESPN. I get more sold on him every day. 

1 hour ago, MagicMan1979 said:

I agree about consolation for sure. I love Bridges but it will take way more than that to get him. Memphis offered 4 first round picks for him last year. That’s before he even played for The Nets and looked like a star. 

Your Simmons trade seems fair. 

I want to offer a lot and trade up for Scoot. Just saw an interview with him on ESPN. I get more sold on him every day. 

Not all 1st are the same. It’s unlikely any of Memphis picks would be 6th. 

But your probably right, more would be needed. 

I think we would all agree that Paolo is the star and we need to build around him. 

The board also pencils in Franz (myself included), but I’ve been thinking is Franz the best pairing with Paolo or should we move him with one of the picks for somebody elite? 

Please know I’m a big Franz fan, I’m just thinking. 

39 minutes ago, MagicFanDan said:

I think we would all agree that Paolo is the star and we need to build around him. 

The board also pencils in Franz (myself included), but I’ve been thinking is Franz the best pairing with Paolo or should we move him with one of the picks for somebody elite? 

Only way I’m even answering the phone on Franz is for a young mega star. Like, Luka, Booker, Edwards, and I think that’s the end of my list.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, MagicFanDan said:

I think Franz isn't flashy but he's incredible smart, which every team needs to go on a deep playoff run. With that said, I imagine Franz and two firsts get it done for Scoot if we really do think he's Ja Morant / Derrick Rose level - a good complement no doubt to Paolo. I'm not as sold on Scoot but some are. 

53 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

I think Franz isn't flashy but he's incredible smart, which every team needs to go on a deep playoff run. With that said, I imagine Franz and two firsts get it done for Scoot if we really do think he's Ja Morant / Derrick Rose level - a good complement no doubt to Paolo. I'm not as sold on Scoot but some are. 

No way I'd go that much for Scoot. Love to have him and would give a slew of 1sts, but Franz or Banchero can't be included in any trade for a pick.