Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2023 NBA Playoffs Thread

Wow. What an end to game 6. 

Y'know I like to think Im always learning something new about the NBA and this series has definitely taught me not to define players by a few bad games. I was ready to write off this entire Celtics team as chokers and flawed playoff players but they've shown a lot to battle back to 3-3 and force game 7 with a chance to be the first team ever to win from a 3-0 position. Sometimes guys just have a couple of bad games, doesn't mean there's fundamentally something wrong.

Equally, sometimes teams just get hot for a week or two like the Heat have after being a pretty ordinary regular season team. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Wow. What an end to game 6. 

Y'know I like to think Im always learning something new about the NBA and this series has definitely taught me not to define players by a few bad games. I was ready to write off this entire Celtics team as chokers and flawed playoff players but they've shown a lot to battle back to 3-3 and force game 7 with a chance to be the first team ever to win from a 3-0 position. Sometimes guys just have a couple of bad games, doesn't mean there's fundamentally something wrong.

Equally, sometimes teams just get hot for a week or two like the Heat have after being a pretty ordinary regular season team. 

Yeah, I think what it comes down to is extreme talent discrepancy usually wins out. I’m not surprised at all we’re headed to a game 7, and I expect Boston to win tomorrow. Celtics got lucky last night tho, for sure. I also hope we can put the Jimmy Butler being a top 5 guy in the NBA to rest now. He’s good, definitely in the top 20-25 range, but he’s not as good as everyone has been trying to make him out to be.

3 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Yeah, I think what it comes down to is extreme talent discrepancy usually wins out. I’m not surprised at all we’re headed to a game 7, and I expect Boston to win tomorrow. Celtics got lucky last night tho, for sure. I also hope we can put the Jimmy Butler being a top 5 guy in the NBA to rest now. He’s good, definitely in the top 20-25 range, but he’s not as good as everyone has been trying to make him out to be.

He had a bad shooting night leading into the middle of the fourth quarter (3-19 or something crazy) then rattled off like 12 points to catalyze the team storming back from being down 10 with four minutes left. 

Jimmy just needs to be a dawg in all of Game 7 like I think he can be and his legend will grow. 

I'm going out on a limb and saying he'll drop 40+ and the Heat win a tight one. I've been made a believer this post season in Jimmy Butler and I'm not about to back down now. 

On 5/28/2023 at 2:50 PM, TreyMachine said:

He had a bad shooting night leading into the middle of the fourth quarter (3-19 or something crazy) then rattled off like 12 points to catalyze the team storming back from being down 10 with four minutes left. 

Jimmy just needs to be a dawg in all of Game 7 like I think he can be and his legend will grow. 

I'm going out on a limb and saying he'll drop 40+ and the Heat win a tight one. I've been made a believer this post season in Jimmy Butler and I'm not about to back down now. 

If Jimmy loses after being up 3-0 is he then a choker?  Or does he get a pass because of the talent disparity? 

On 5/28/2023 at 2:50 PM, TreyMachine said:

……and he’s a legend lol. 

Denver vs Miami is such a cool matchup.

I used to be in favor of tearing up your roster when necessary or tanking, but both these squads are awesome and were built without top picks.

The Heat in particular just refuse to tank and are not scared of the mediocrity treadmill

• Upvote 1

I'm pulling hard for Denver and my head says they matchup incredibly well with Miami also. There's nobody in Miami who can guard Joker. AG, KCP and Brown are a great collection of bodies to guard Butler. Porter is like 3 inches taller than any of the Heat playoff rotation wings so should be able to get that jumper off. Plus the Heat have just gone 7 games and have to go into the altitude of Denver.

I'm leaning Nuggets in 5. 

That being said I wouldn't bet against Spo to devise a defensive scheme that really troubles Jokic and Jimmy to give them enough offense to make it a 6 or 7 game series. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'm pulling hard for Denver and my head says they matchup incredibly well with Miami also. There's nobody in Miami who can guard Joker. AG, KCP and Brown are a great collection of bodies to guard Butler. Porter is like 3 inches taller than any of the Heat playoff rotation wings so should be able to get that jumper off. Plus the Heat have just gone 7 games and have to go into the altitude of Denver.

I'm leaning Nuggets in 5. 

That being said I wouldn't bet against Spo to devise a defensive scheme that really troubles Jokic and Jimmy to give them enough offense to make it a 6 or 7 game series. 

My thinking as well. Either way, for the basketball fan, this is a great matchup because it's two teams that competed and built their teams from the ground up with the right pieces within a healthy team culture.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Jaylen Brown had as many turnovers as made field goals last night. His ball handling is awful.

He just can’t go left. It’s like he is Derick Zoolander out there!

• Upvote 1